Haverhill, MA

Posted June 23, 2014
Great school -- challenging curriculum; small classrooms. Had the blessing of very good teachers at our past school which we were fond of, so we had a high bar set for what we hoped for here when we arrived, and we have not been disappointed. Strong curriculum, great values, the teachers are inspired, energetic and knowledgeable. Just about every day I noticed a seed sprouting on some idea they have planted in my child's head - making her more aware of the world and the many complexitiies, and we would talk about what she learned. Found BCA teachers and admin receptive to parent input on ideas for different projects, and they welcome parent participation. May have to bone up on math myself this summer in order to be ready to keep up with her when she returns to school in the Fall, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Now in Middle School and can see this as the school we stay with all the way through High School

Posted April 28, 2014
Really good school. Curriculum is really solid. I love that they teach Latin to 5th and 6th graders. The science, math, geography are challenging as well. I like that my child was learning about CPI and global world economies in her 6th grade geography class. The children strive really hard for good grades. The teachers are really strong academically. But they are in equal measure caring and nice. It's definitely a Christian school. You will hear God mentioned and get occasional emails signed off with Blessings. They teach Bible class. I've noticed they also teach respect and understanding for all religions. Re bullying, I've noticed that the BCA teachers stay plugged in and if a child acts inappropriately - they are on it. That is important here because class sizes are small - which is wonderful except small groups can intensify if there are personality conflicts. So I appreciate that the teachers make an effort to be plugged in and to intercede if they see inappropriate behavior. I have no doubt at all that my child is getting a great education at BCA, learning great study habits, has the benefit of good friends and great teachers.

Posted December 04, 2012
We have two children enrolled in this school and will be sending a third soon! The teachers are committed to each child's development spiritually and academically. Our children are encouraged to do their best, whether it be in the art room, on the soccer field, in the classroom, etc, and to do it for God's glory! There are many wonderful families from all over the Merrimack Valley who have chosen BCA and we are so glad to be part of this loving, thriving Christian community! Please take a tour, send your child to shadow for a day, come see one of our games or a play performed by our students. You will see the difference BCA is making in these kids' lives!

Posted October 19, 2012
We love BCA. This is our third year at the school. My daughter is thriving. She is getting an excellant education and she has settled into a great community of friends. The teachers are so supportive of both the student and parents. My daughter has really enjoyed the basketball and theater programs. We are looking forward to the next several years at BCA. The school is growing each year and has plans for expansion into elementary grades next fall. Check it out. You will love it here too!

Posted September 21, 2012
This school is GREAT! Committed faculty, community atmosphere, and top-notch academics. My nephew is involved in a variety of activities, including student goverment, athletics, and theater. He loves it. Their students have been accepted into a number of prestigious colleges and universities. I've attended a few of their theater productions, and I was blown away by the level of talent and professionalism. A very impressive school.

Posted February 13, 2012
Bradford Christian Academy offers a competitive college preparatory education at competitive costs. We are accredited by both the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and Christian Schools International. Over 70% of our teachers have their master's degrees or higher, and they take a personal interest in their students. We offer regular and honors level courses, and regularly get graduates into competitive colleges. We have award winning theatre and atheletic programs, and a blooming vocal music program. Most importantly, we are a safe, loving community committed to nurturing each studens. Our recent visiting committee from NEASC commented that it was rare to see the sincere warmth and dedication of our students. To the June 18 review, we do accept some students who are a "risk" and help them to become all that they can be, a fact for which we will not apologize. Nonetheless, our annual anonymous survey data shows that the overwhelming majority of our community find our student body as a whole to be exemplary academically, emotionally, and spiritually. Come and visit the school or have your student shadow; you will find we're worthy of your investment!

Posted November 23, 2011
Anyone looking for a top notch education in an environment that brings out the best of EVERY child should check this school out. The academic facts speak for themselves. I recommend attending a theatre production or sports event to witness the school community in action. You will be impressed! The faculty goes above and beyond with each student individually. An excellent school in every way!

Bradford Christian Academy 1

Posted June 18, 2011
I agree as we left after one year. Lots of dysfunctional kids and the scholl fails to address the badly behaving ones. We figured there were two types of students, those whose parents did not want their kids with the bad public school kids and the second type were kids who could not make it in the public schools because of their behavior problems. They will do anything to keep students because they need the money.

Bradford Christian Academy
97 Oxford Ave, Haverhill, MA  01835
Last modified Bradford Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Bradford Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top