K-2 & Ungraded
Haverhill, MA

Crowell 5

Posted March 17, 2009
My daughter has attended Crowell the last two years. To be honest, I was worried that she was attending a Haverhill school, but was pleasantly surprised by the level of competence by the teachers. I've compared my daughter's level of reading to nearby regions and found my daughter reads even better than some of their students. The teachers here are not only competent, but they are accessible and attentive. Any child attending Crowell will get a wonderful first start!

Crowell 0

Posted August 15, 2008
My daughter just completed 3 years at Crowell (K-2), and I'm sad that there are not more grades at this wonderful, neighborhood school. In this school, the child comes first. All the teachers know all the children, and truly care for them. Their teaching is superb. It's a wonderful, nurturing environment for those first years. Perhaps the facility is older, and there is no offical gymnasium (although they definitely have phys. ed classes in a spare classroom). But I'd trade all that in a second for the kind of loving, caring, environment that you find here.

Crowell 4

Posted June 07, 2007
My son is in the full day Kindergarten at Crowell and has had an amazing year. He was struggling with emotional and behavioral issues when he entered but his K teacher is simply wonderful and has raised his confidence level. He has completely turned around this year. I highly recommend Crowell school. It is a small neighborhood school where the teachers are very involved. Being a city school it has a paved play area and there is no specified gym. This is the only down side but for the lower grades I think it's ok and a small trade off for the quality of education and support.

Crowell 5

Posted June 23, 2006
The teachers here are great. Every teacher knows every child, every child knows every teacher. They have the highest scores in this school. It's well run, the children interact at all grade levels at recess. It's a wonderful place to be taught. You DO learn in a quality setting.

Crowell