Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Haverhill High School 5

Posted January 02, 2016
A diverse student population prepares the students well for the real world. The students learn how to interact with people of all backgrounds leading to a more well rounded individual.

Haverhill High School 2

Posted January 10, 2014
Some of he teachers do a wonderful job trying to communicate with parents; others prefer to not. The administration will only fulfill their obligations when "under the microscope" by outside auditors, especially when it comes to parent notifications and reports.

Haverhill High School 2

Posted January 10, 2014
I am unhappy with the way the school seems to be more concerned with test scores with the state then the children learning stuff they will need to know in the real world. They need to get their priorities straight.

Haverhill High School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
This school doesn't get what scheduling correctly does for students all these mess ups and the motivation of students if staff cant get it right then students give up on trying

Haverhill High School 4

Posted June 20, 2013
I am extremely impressed with the education my son is receiving at Haverhill High School. He is in the Classical Academy and does about 3-4 hours of homework at night. The teachers are dedicated to learning so much so that for the second summer in a row my son's Latin teacher is meeting him 3 times a week at the library to continue teaching him. High school is what you put into it. You put in nothing and you get nothing. I went to an outstanding public high school and I feel that all but the science labs are equally as good as what I received. I am sure the Classical Academy will prepare my son well for whatever college he decides to attend

Haverhill High School 5

Posted October 29, 2012
I'm a junior at HSS and I love it there. Every school has it's bad kids and teachers that hate their job. HHS has improved a lot, adding Mac laptops for teachers to take home or use in class, mac laptop classroom sets that the students can use in school, computer laps with Mac computers ,an ischool in the building, iPads, a cosmetology room, new smart boards for most of the main classrooms, and a new water bubbler in the cafe that fills up your water bottle for you. Besides all the new improvements HHS has made they have many after school activites that keep some kids out of trouble and help support those in needs. For example Football team, Gay straight alliance, Field hockey, Cheerleading, National junior honor society, and robotics club. Sure sometimes HHS has no idea what's going on, isn't very organized, and has a bad rep but to me HHS is the only school I'd want to graduate from. I'd with out a doubt would recommend this high school to anyone looking for awesome teachers, a sense of school spirit, lots of after school activites, and friends that feel like family.

Posted October 13, 2012
I graduated from HHS in 1990 and I would have been better off skipping those last four years of high school. I did not gain anything nor did I learn anything. I am a combat veteran and also a college graduate. I could not even pass the entrance exam into college after high school. It took 8 years of serving my country and going to college to graduate at the top of my class. This was something that Haverhill High School never would have done for me. I did it myself. So keep on pushing them through haverhill high. You are producing very productive members of society. Glad I saw in myself what haverhill high does not care about.

Posted October 07, 2011
I find this school to be horrific!!! The adminastration has no clue as to what is going on, kids getting harrassed and bullied and nothing is done. I am very ashamed of what this high school has become. And yes all I get is im sorry and that is the end of it what a joke !!!!!!!!!

Posted February 10, 2011
Middle School builds your kids up... This high school deflates them. A wide inconsistency of teachers. Such a shame as this let's down the whole school. One teacher commented on some kids in her class "they don't come prepared so I don't bother with them. They can sit there as long as they like so i shall just fail them". She had not intention of reaching out or even trying to teach them! Bad attitude.

Posted August 18, 2009
I wish I could afford to transfer my kids to a private school. I tried to register my kids at Methuen High, but they don't have school of choice. HH is the most unorganized school I ever imagine a school could be. The principals at this school are not aware of what is going on their school. I had two situations with the school and all they said was sorry. I will get that fixed. The end of school year came and I found out nothing was fixed. There is not communication between the principals. One will do something the other is not aware of. The notes in the system are not updated as they should and you just get a 'sorry I though he will take care of that

Haverhill High School
137 Monument Street, Haverhill, MA  01832
Last modified Haverhill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.