Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I feel that the staff is trained properly to teach these skills I feel that the problem is with what the children are being taught at home.

My family just moved to Haverhill from Illinois, I was so excited that my son would be able to go to school in Mass. I always heard about how great the schools are here. So we found and purchased a home in Haverhill.The school that is assigned to the home happened to be Tilton. So I researched. After reading reviews and seeing academic scores we considered not buying the home so my son would not have to attend Tilton. I was relieved to find out that my son would be able to go to a different school if the Principal of that school allowed. So I called the other school, the principal was so sweet, and said yes my son could attend her school. Long story short, beginning of school year, time to register , and I was told my son couldn't attend the school and he would have to go to Tilton, I was devastated , we have now purchased a home and didn't have a choice. So Tilton it had to be. I can tell you from the outside looking in... the problems with this school stem from the parents. Hands down!! This school is provided with an amazing faculty that everyday are faced with parents that are un able to follow simple rules in simple situations.( i.e.) picking up and dropping off children, the parents seem to do whatever they want disrespecting any type of structure the faculty tries to put in place. I see it everyday when I drop my son off and pick him up, and last night at the Holiday show the way the parents were behaving was astounding. It left me wondering if the parents behaved this way I can bet their children behave that way too. leaving the teachers with a task to not only educate these children academically but have to teach them general respect and human decency. So ... hats off to the principal , teachers , and supporting faculty. This school will remain to be a problem if the parents aren't educated.

The Tilton is an awesome school. my son has achieved so much since he started at the school.The staff is great .the principle,vice principle are also great.Activities have been so much fun at the school.The school is old but the staff make it a great school for our kids ..

This school is by far an embarrassment for public schools. Yes there are some teachers who are up to par but the office staff lacks the ability to make parents feel comfortable. The school in itself is run down and my children have had health conditions (asthma & bloody noses) ever since attending this facility. I personally believe that this place should be torn down.

I dont like this school. They have no extra fun things for kids to do outside the classroom. There are no field trips, and very rarely do they have days where the kids may explore science outside. Its like they sit at a desk and just listen. They dont learn in fun creative ways. There are no computers for lower level grades. Compared to others this is not a good one.

My kids have both attended this wonderful school. I am happy to be a part of this 'family' and love the teachers and all the staff. It is a very warm and fuzzy school where all parents are always welcome to check on their kids and participate if they are able to. The community is a part of this school and we are proud to be a part of it!

What an excellent school! Older and full of character, Tilton has made these first two years of my daughters schooling extremely memorable. The staff is wonderful, the fund raisers and book fairs are always fun, and the curriculum is great as well. We are in the process of moving to the west coast, and I'll feel very blessed if I find a school like this one for her to go to out there. I HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone and EVERYONE!!! :)

Last modified Tilton is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.