Holyoke, MA

Mater Dolorosa Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I have one child who is starting her 5th year here, and another who is starting in the Prek 3 class this year. I can't imagine sending them to any other school. They have made some tremendous advances recently, including incorporating the Core Curriculum. It is a small school and has a wonderful, supportive school community. The teachers give 150% every day to teach and nurture the students. They have introduced technology into the classroom with the addition of Smartboards, Mimeoboards and iPads. My daughter considers the school her extended family. Great on-site after school program as well, to help working parents. I was concerned about having my 3 year old in the same school as an 8th grader. No problem! They have buddy systems that pair the older students with the younger ones for reading or fun activities. Absolutely worth checking this school out!

Posted November 04, 2006
I am attending Mater Dolorosa School at the present time, and I'm in the eighth grade. I began attending the school in third grade after my former school shut down. My choice to attend MD was truly the best decision of my life. I have not one bad thing to say about the school. All the teachers are great and all of my peers have been respectful and kind. I would strongly suggest this school to anyone I know.

Mater Dolorosa Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2006
Our child spent one year at this school and had a positive experience with peers and the CYO basketball league. However, the educational philosophy appeared stagnant and lacked creativity. We were truly disappointed in the experience and had expected something else entirely.

Posted April 06, 2005
- a former student
Down right a great school. There arent words that could explain how nice it was to grow up in that schools community. The teachers are all great and the principal shows great leadership. Our basketball teams were pretty good also. I had to leave in the 5th grade and I missed M.D every day through public schools.

Posted January 21, 2005
- a former student
2004 Grad. MD is a great school. Everyone is treated with respect. Every child has an opprotunity to succed and is very successful. This school taught me many values. I went there from K-8th grade I had an excellent time there. You become very close with everyone and get to know everyone. The principal is also an amazing principal. she enjoys all her students and is fun and caring. this school all in all is a great school.

Posted September 09, 2004
My children attended Mater Dolorosa School from K - 4th grade. I moved to another town and consequently the children attended another catholic school for two years. They missed the warm atmosphere at MD so much, that I enrolled them back in MD. They are so much happier being at their 'old' school with friends that treat them with respect and kindness. Lesson learned, a richer and bigger school is not necessarily better for the children. Like a flower, they will grow where they are 'watered'.

Mater Dolorosa Elementary School
25 Maple Street, Holyoke, MA  01040
Last modified Mater Dolorosa Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mater Dolorosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top