Holyoke, MA

Posted May 15, 2015
Absolutely love First Lutheran School! The small class size provides students with personalized and individual attention and the level of teaching is outstanding my daughter is thriving here!! First Lutheran provides parents the opportunity to give their children a solid Christian education at a very affordable price and we feel truly blessed to be a part of this school/family!

Posted May 12, 2015
First Lutheran is a wonderful school that goes from Pre-K to 8th grade! I love the small class sizes and the staff is friendly and personal. You are always in the "Know" about what is going on. Our daughter is in the Pre-school program and has learned so much. Not only is she prepared for kindergarten, but she has grown in her understanding of Christ. The foundation at this school is solid. Great place to send your children to grow academically and spiritually!

Posted April 13, 2015
First Lutheran School offers a quality education in a safe environment. We don't do the state testing; instead we do achievement testing in the spring. We don't teach to the test; we teach to educate.

Posted April 13, 2015
For the past several years, First Lutheran School has provided our daughter with a stellar scholastic experience. Students learn in a nurturing environment and are given the opportunity to succeed and excel. The teachers, principal, and pastor educate with strong christian values enriching the camaraderie within the student body. The education our daughter receives continues to surpass our expectations.

Posted April 09, 2015
I can say as a teacher and a parent that this is a school I would highly recommend. All of the teachers that have children of age send their children to the school and that is just one indication of their confidence in the school and teachers they know inside and out. The teachers are all dedicated and love children, and the pastor and his Wednesday chapels are remarkable. The children are always engaged as he makes learning about God and the Bible fun. The children get a lot of personal attention due to the small class sizes and the family atmosphere. The school is a peaceful place and the children feel secure and cared about. There is much learning going on all of the time and the children are engaged in their learning. The principal cares deeply about the students and the school and runs it expertly.

Posted April 07, 2015
Small class size! Great loving teachers and staff. Curriculum and Christian based school! Pre-K through 8! My kids left our public schools to come to First Lutheran and have been thriving!

Posted September 29, 2013
This is a TOP notch school with quality leadership and teachers. This is my son's 5th year and he's enjoying everything about it. Just knowing that his in good hands everyday eases my every day life. The teachers are amazing in the daily communication and progression. From a parental point of view he's way ahead in his learning and character development,

Posted November 20, 2012
This school is such a gem. We have been sending our children here for 4 years and are consistently amazed with the quality and dedication of the teachers and the education they are receiving. The school is very well run and organized with strong leadership and superb communication between the school/teachers and parents. The small classes give the children individualized attention and offers such a nice atmosphere to the school. We really feel like this school and the teachers within it have become a "family" to us. It is suprisingly quite affordable. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else. I can not speak highly enough or recommend this school strongly enough. This school exceeds expectations in everyway imaginable.

Posted October 04, 2012
Superb education, consistent moral development, top notch teachers, affordable private school...just a few things that come to mind when I tell other parents about First Lutheran School. Our son is in his 4th year there and every year just seems to get better. Academically, he is 6-18 months ahead of our neighbor's son who attends our small town local public school. Small class sizes and consistent expectations that continue to challenge the children make this a gem of a school. Can't say enough great things about the staff and this school!

First Lutheran School

Posted September 22, 2010
In a tough town with a shaky public school system, First Lutheran gives children a solid Christian education. I sent my kids there, and now my grandsons go there.

First Lutheran School