K-6 & Ungraded
Hubbardston, MA

Posted September 27, 2011
This is a fantastic elementary school. Both my daughters went to this school. Both have gone on to academically succeed. With the teacher/student ratio at 15:1, children don't fall through the cracks here. There is a very strong parent organization.There is a very cozy, personal quality to the school yet they get the job done, matching the state MCAS scores. Some of the teachers I have the highest respect for and are dedicated professionals. some of the teachers are -OK. No bad teachers i could see. The school went through a major battle for its future around 1988 when an evil developer tried to railroad a brand new school down the throats of the town. That got defeated by town vote. The major problem with the old school was the septic system. An innovative solution was found and the school was totally rehabbed in 1989. This resulted in a nice mix of old and new for the school. It feels like a country school but has all the amenities of modern life.Besides academics, the school has an advanced music program with a full string orchestra (rare) as well as full band, thanks to Dr. Russell Keogh-Miller. The Hubb Community Theatre is based at the school, and the art teacher is great.

Hubbardston Center 0

Posted October 29, 2009
They have pioneered bringing extended school day services to our community.

Posted March 28, 2005

Posted October 09, 2004
I love this school. They try to fit the student to the best teacher for him/her. My son has blossomed under their guiding hands. They retain gym, music, art, all the so-called 'expendables' that enrich our children so. The custodians kept the school clean and well maintained. They pipe in classical music in the halls. They provide three lunch choices. They offer a homework club after school along with chess, and cooking. The parent group is called Friends of Hubbardston Education, and work hard to help the staff help the students. I have never had a concern that the staff did not have a solution for. This is a great school and I can't wait for my youngest to enter kindergarten next year.

Hubbardston Center 4

Posted June 06, 2004
I personally have/had no problems with Hubbardston Center School. The staff handles themselves very professionally yet accessable to their students and parents. The math curriculum is quite difficult from grades 4-6 though, I believe it is called Chicago Math. The math challenged my children to a stressful degree but is impressive in it's goals. The school principal is a reputable, respectable woman that has always made herself available to me whenever I felt I needed to discuss any subject/situation at all. I have come to appreciate the time and effort that the teachers had so graciously shared with my children. My children loved this school and will miss it as they all move onto middle school and a new home. My girls felt like they had personal connections to thier teachers and that is a real credit to the school, principal, town and educational atmosphere.

Posted March 14, 2004

Hubbardston Center
8 Elm St, Hubbardston, MA  01452
Last modified Hubbardston Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hubbardston Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top