8-12 & Ungraded
Hyannis, MA
Students enrolled: 2,010

Posted August 11, 2014
Barnstable High School has been fabulous for our son! He was at Sturgis Charter for one year and it really turned him off to school as the teachers did not make him feel welcome and were not supportive. What a difference at Barnstable! The teachers were supportive and gave him the structure he needed to succeed. Also, the variety of sports and other activities at BHS is amazing. He loved being part of various sports teams and other activities. We cannot be more thrilled with the combination of academic rigor, supportive teachers, counselors and administrators and extracurricular activities. We're glad he's a BHS Red Raider. This is the best high school on Cape Cod.

Posted July 26, 2014
I personally think this is one of the best high schools on Cape. The teachers push you hard because they believe you are smart enough to get the work accomplished, they even try to make the classes fun. I have been going here since I was in 8th grade and I'm going to be a junior this year and I think I have received an amazing education. The sports are also great and most seem to do very well. There are definitely groups of kids I don't like but you'll have that in every school. Just DO the work and you'll do great with the help of awesome guidance counselors that can talk you through almost anything and are very helpful with college readiness.

Posted February 24, 2013
i love my school. I've been there since eighth grade and couldn't be more happy with my academic and athletic achievements. I'm challenged every day academically and i love all of my teachers. The only thing that isn't excellent is the student life because of the administration's fear of accidents.

Posted September 11, 2009
I am currently a junior and am very pleased with my progress at Barnstable High School. The opportunities are immense and the teachers are very open, caring, and sometimes even humorous in their teachings.

Barnstable High School 1

Posted June 07, 2009

Posted January 30, 2008

Posted November 30, 2007
Good overall learning enviroment, many opportunities there.

Posted November 09, 2007

Barnstable High School 2

Posted April 19, 2006

Posted March 08, 2006
Great opportunity, lots of sports, wide variety of academics. Very large 2000 students, however small community. Like any h.s. you can do great things if you seek them out and you can do bad things if you seek them out.

Barnstable High School
744 West Main St, Hyannis, MA  02601
Last modified Barnstable High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnstable High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top