Hyannis, MA
After care: No

Pope John Paul II High School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
I attended this school until I was a junior, and it was the worst experience of my life. The administration consists of horrible, horrible people who are beyond nepotistic. They try so hard to put up a facade of being a nurturing place, when really the teachers are undereducated bullies. I eventually left because I worried the guidance counselor would sabotage my college application, and truly flourished when I left. I know that had I stayed, I would have ended up in a lesser college than I am now. Please, don't ruin your teenage years by going here!

Posted December 14, 2013
I've been to three area high schools this year alone as a Freshman. Despite having a brother at PJP I thought I'd hate it so it was my last resort. I couldn't be happier at PJP. The classes are interesting and for someone with a 144 IQ that's saying something. All the teachers truly care about the students and the students about each other. I fully recommend this school for anyone looking for a good education, morals, and a happy environment.

Posted April 06, 2012
I have two kids in this school and could not be happier. It's not perfect. There have been growing pains, but overall we have been extremely impressed. The teachers are so caring and really push the kids to be the best that they can be. All high school kids should be this lucky to be in such a safe, caring, strive for excellence environment. The best part is how the kids support each other. Everyone's talents are appreciated and respected.

Pope John Paul II High School 4

Posted January 06, 2012
I am currently in the Junior class here at Pope John paul, and it's truly a great school. I disagree with the two students prior comments, and think that this school is made up of so many different types of people. The sports do not suck, we are doing pretty well actually. Academics, obviously we are doing well because we just got accredited. It's a family environment, and if you want to be somewhere where nobody cares about you or what you do I suggest not coming here. But if you want a school in which you are cared for, and have an excellent education, i recommend it for you.

Pope John Paul II High School 2

Posted December 20, 2011
I was glad I transferred here at first and then I later realized if I could I would have never transferred here. Everyone is wicked immature and socially awkward. The classes are wicked easy because the most of the teachers are brand new compared to public schools which have experienced teachers. The rules are horrid and numerous. There are so many kids that go to this school to escape the bullying at their town public school. It is not good because the example set for future is classes is weak and overall afraid of everyone else. The athletes here are ones who didn't make it to their public school varsity teams.

Pope John Paul II High School 1

Posted December 11, 2011
I am so glad that I am transferring out. If you are socially awkward and want mediocre- no, sorry- terrible academics and awful sports, this is your school.

Posted March 30, 2010
JPII is the best high school on Cape Cod. A rigourous college prep curriculum, AP and Honors options and great co-curricular activities make this place special. The staff and teachers are absolutely top notch. I have lived all over the world and had children in all different kinds of schools and this is the best experience yet! You have to give this place a look if you want your kids to have an edge entering the college years.

Posted March 28, 2010
In this age of uncertainty and misdirection, Pope John Paul II High School shines. My son is in the original class at JPII and he has not only been challenged academically, he has also developed into a caring, responsible and compassionate young man. JPII has been a safe, rewarding and life changing experience. I wholeheartedly recommend this school. The return on investment cannot be quantified.

Pope John Paul II High School
120 High School Road, Hyannis, MA  02601
Last modified Pope John Paul II High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Pope John Paul II High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top