5-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Hyde Park, MA

Posted December 09, 2014
This school is fantastic. My daughter has been here since the 5th grade and I have to say she's excelled so much better than when she was in Boston Public Schools. She went from Needs Improvement to Proficient/Advanced in ONE year! Needless to say I am beyond impressed with this school and plan to enroll my 2 youngest for them to attend in 5th grade also. Teachers are very caring and want to see ALL students succeed. Tutoring is offered for students who are struggling. I just can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted June 08, 2011
My daughter has been at APR for the last 4 years since 6th grade, now in the 9th grade. I agree with the previous parent/reviewer, APR is not a school for students who does not want to try hard, because the staff/faculty provides the SUPPORT. You can set up a meeting at ANY time, and teachers are willing to meet with you. When my daughter was in the 8th grade, in the 2nd trimester, almost all the 8th grade classes were in danger of failing and therefore would have been retaine. The faculty/staff sprung into action under the astute leadership of the the principal Ms. Dickhaut, implementing an afterschool program whereby any student who were failing ANY subject by 70% would remain afer school until 4:15pm for tutoring. IT WORKED!! My daughter is one of the strongest writers in her 9th grade class, speaks Manderin Chinese, strong Math skills etc. It could only get better in 10th grade, and we owe it all the the VERY DEDICATED staff/faculty at APR!!!

Posted May 17, 2011
My son and his close circle of friends have been at APR since the 6th grade. They are now all seniors about to graduate and go on to college. APR offers opportunities for students to succeed academically and go on college that most other public schools in Boston do not. My son and his friends are all going to very good colleges, with very good merit based scholarships. This school is not for students who are not willing to try very hard. It has a rigorous academic program that allows it compete with most test schools in Boston. My son has been to China twice and speaks Mandarin Chinese well. I truly believe that APR has enabled him to go forward in life with a strong foundation. I have had nothing but positive experiences withe the entire faculty, from the principal to the teachers to deans. These are some of the hardest working people I have encountered.

Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School 0

Posted July 10, 2009
This school has eally helped me advance in my school work perfromance I simply love it.

Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School 0

Posted December 30, 2008
My daughter has been at APR for 3 years started in the 6th grade currently in the 8th grade. What I enjoyed about the school is that the teacher s cares about the students, they want the students to exceed in school and outside the school. As a parent I get quick response back from the teachers when I send any email regarding my daughter or if I have any questions and her advisor is AWESOME (Mr. Tau). The academic is very rigorous at APR its college-preparatory school the skills that students pick-up during the years at APR how to deal with workloads that college brings and learn how time management is important.

Posted September 15, 2008
APR really prepared me for the real world. That school opened my eyes to a whole knew world. Without APR, I would have never taken Chinese, or gotten the chance to spend 2 weeks in China on an exchange program. The teachers are so dedicated at this school. They care about their students and they are not satisfied until everyone succeeds. They believe in everyone and want everyone to strive for excellence. Any student who had the opportunity to attend APR should consider themselves lucky!

Posted April 04, 2008
It is a really good school. I've been at APR since 2005 and i plan on graduating that school being proud of where i came from compared to other schools. The teachers there challenge the students to expand their knowledge even more. I, myself and other students are glad to be at a wonderful school such as the academy. KAIZEN AND GAMBATTE! A place where you can find students striving for EXCELLENCE.

Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School 4

Posted June 17, 2007
they take all kinds of students, and then really bring them around to above average level. The teachers and the school deserve high praise for their dedication.

Posted April 23, 2006

Posted December 08, 2005

Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School
1 Westinghouse Plaza, Hyde Park, MA  02136
Last modified Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top