6-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Hyde Park, MA

Boston Preparatory Charter Public School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
This school is a very strict school but not fun AT ALL! Iam a student there and i myself do not find this one bit fun...the teachers yell at someone who doesnt do anything or give demirits....Most satudents will agree that it is stressful and very annoying.you also have no choice in what you want to do.Lets say you wanted to go to the bathroom and you do the sign that represents that the teacchers most likely say NO!! OR THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE 1 BATHROOM PASS A WEEK. MAN I REALLY HATE THAT SCHOOL ......WE DONT EVEN GET TO GET UP TO GO TO A DIFFERENT CLASSROOM.THIS IS A MIDDLE SCCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL BUT WE STILL WALK IN LINES,SIT ON THE FLOOR AND HAVE HOMERROOMS!WHAT KIND OF A SCHOOL IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston Preparatory Charter Public School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
Boston Prep is high on academics but also high on dicipline. At first I thought it was only my child and she needed to conform but after 4 years, I have finally come to the conclussion that it is not all my child. The academics seem to be challenging and the teachers are dedicated but for me this is completely overshadowed by the excessive dicipline. My child, who according to the principal, is not a dicipline problem, is writing out the code of conduct three times a week due to her collection of demerits. This is on top of the the 2 and 1/2 hours of homework every night. Overall I have to say that I am extremeley unhappy with the school.

Posted August 06, 2008

Boston Preparatory Charter Public School 4

Posted May 03, 2008
My son is in his first year at this school. He was a little put off when he got a demerit the first day (he has NEVER misbehaved in any class or school) and quickly realized that everyone was going to get alot of demerits. Yes the program is strict and yes there are still children who misbehave and the demerits add up, but what these kids need now is dicipline. I went to Boston Latin and the homework was just as much so I figure my kid is getting a test school education without the test. Your kids could go to an easier school but shouldn't they be challenged.

Posted March 27, 2008
This school is like a boot camp. They are more focused on dicipline rather than academics. The kids have to worry so much about demerits. They have tons of homework on a nightly basis and even over the holiday. They have homework the night before MCAS. The hold back rate is very high. I cant wait until my child gets out of there. This is the worst school she ever went to.

Boston Preparatory Charter Public School 0

Posted December 31, 2007
My son is in 7th grade at BPCPS and I couldn't be happier with the school. The education is world class. The classes are orderly, the teachers are wonderful--can't say enough!

Posted October 04, 2007

Boston Preparatory Charter Public School
1286 Hyde Park Ave, Hyde Park, MA  02136
Last modified Boston Preparatory Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boston Preparatory Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top