K-5 & Ungraded
Jamaica Plain, MA

Hennigan Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2012
Communication in regards to parent teacher involvment is minimal. Special needs students are shuffled about with little supports.

Hennigan Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2010
I spoke to the aftercare lead teacher to ask simple questions about how much the program costs, how to pay, etc. and she was rude and had a very bad attitude. This was a little less than a week before the first day of school. I was polite and asked questions that made sense such as how will my 6 year old connect with the aftercare program which is in another part of this very large school. She spoke to me as if she was speaking to a dog. I fervently pray a spot will open up for my child on one of the waitlists for another school (I didn't pick Hennigan) because this experience, along with other experiences at this school that I don't have the time to go into right now, have shown me this is not a good place for parents who are used to being involved.

Posted March 07, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008

Hennigan Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2007
This is our son's second year at the Hennigan. We have been very pleased with his academic growth (he was reading at mid second by the end of first). The offer Advanced Work Classes for 4th and 5th grades. They have Sports4Kids on-site, a boys choir, dance, music, and art classes. Last year my son was in a dance recital. This year his PE class is swimming. Parent involvement could be improved but I have heard from many other parents that last year was the first year that they held the monthly meetings and at this year's Back-to-School breakfast we had many new Kindergarten parents so things are looking up.

Posted August 27, 2007

Hennigan Elementary School
200 Heath St, Jamaica Plain, MA  02130
Last modified Hennigan Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hennigan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top