PK-1 & Ungraded
Jamaica Plain, MA

Posted November 11, 2014
The West Zone ELC has been a wonderful introduction to school for our three-year-old son. He is always happy to go to school, talks about it constantly, and has recently started to protest when we arrive to pick him up. We attribute this love of school to the attentive and caring teachers, the school-wide focus on what young children need and are interested in, and the numerous opportunities to move, make music, and experience the outside world. Thank you ELC West!

Posted November 11, 2014
My daughter absolutely loves the ELC- West Zone! She raves about how much fun she has doing Math, Going to the school library and Attending Dance class. The 1st grade teachers at the ELC are very experienced and great at what they do. I feel that my daughter's education and well being is in GREAT hands when I drop her off to school everyday. The ELC is a welcoming environment !

Posted November 10, 2014
The ELC-West is a hidden gem, absolutely wonderful! I have two sons currently attending and our family couldn't be happier. The school offers a campus feel that includes a cafeteria, gymnasium, pool (K2 & grade 1 have swim lessons in the curriculum), outside playground (steps away from the classroom), and an outdoor classroom (for science). Their rooms are well equipped with everything needed and more: bathrooms, apple TV, apple computers, and most importantly, the best staff! The teachers and paras are truly phenomenal! They are in tune with my children's personalities and what motivates them to learn, and very engaged in providing tools and exercises to challenge and inspire them every day. They have a fantastic math and reading curriculum, and I am so happy to see my sons excitement about reading books everyday! Their understanding of math has also blown me away; I didn't expect a kindergartener to understand addition, subtraction and multiplication with ease. As a working parent, I am thrilled they are in such an amazing environment when the are not with me. Ultimately, I am very enthusiastic about the ELC-West because my sons are thriving and learning to love school everyday!

Posted November 10, 2014
Great School! My son has been in this school since September this year and he is enjoying his time there. The teachers have done a great job to help him settle in. The school is open till 4:30pm which really helps as we both work. The school also offers drumming, Tennis, Chorus and swimming which is a great mix of activities. Last week my son's K0 class went on a walking tour of Centre St and its businesses. He can't stop talking about it!

Posted November 10, 2014
My four year old just began K1 at the ELC- West Zone this year. She's getting math basics and pre-literacy so my child is already reading simple words like zoo, and cat, with help. Since there is no culture of testing at the ELC-West Zone the curriculum seems developmentally appropriate with no overlay of 'what your child MUST learn to score well.' The school has a focus on getting the kids outdoors and learning outside and my child enjoys the trips to Nira Rock and Carson Beach immensely. It's the only pre-school I know that has a full-time environmental science instructor! Plus, every child learns drumming, and my child came home last week all sorts of drumming techniques to talk about. My husband and I work full-time, and we are so grateful for the free surround care.

Posted October 02, 2006
My son and I love this program. The program is K0- 1st grade. It is a small school in a big school. The program is in the Hennigan School but is in a seperate part of the building away from the upper elementary grades. The teachers and staff are very involved in the students education and are easily accessable. My son has been going there for 2 years. He started in K1 and is now in 1st grade. His class consists of 16 children. The other special things about this program are that the program runs from 7:30 am to 5:00pm( which is great for working parents!)they offer a great science program, music, and dance. First graders take field trips to the library once a week and have swimming lessons in the Hennigan swimming pool.

Elc - West Zone