Posted December 12, 2014
Unless you have money to throw away, good luck. The teachers don't care, refuse to help students and the business office conveniently leaves out important information until after they have your money. Don't expect any support from anybody and NOTHING is included in the ridiculously high tuition. I'd love to know what $12,000 pays, because all we got was bent over!

Posted November 11, 2014
I graduated from Central over 10 years ago and the 4 years I attended Central were easily the best 4 years of my life. I didn't take any AP courses but I received excellent grades and went to a very good college that is well known for being academically challenging. I found my freshman year in college particularly easy because I was so prepared by Central. The teachers were tough, but fair and if you want to have a relationship with the teachers, it is easy to do so. As for people complaining about athletes being shown favoritism? Welcome to the real world. It happens at all schools, public or private. It definitely happens in college, unless you go someplace without sports. I didn't play sports and my best friends to this day are from high school. It wasn't hard to make friends, all you have to do is try. It's easy to love Central, all it takes is a little effort. I can't wait to send my future children there!

Posted August 16, 2014
This school is great and the athletic programs are top-notch here, especially the basketball program

Posted May 05, 2014
I graduated from Central Catholic in 2013. Looking back at it, Central gave me the best experience of high school. Not only am I over prepared for college, but I am doing extremely well at an intense University. The work load at Central was demanding, but it prepared me extremely well. Playing sports in high school is always a great way to make friends and the coaches do a great job turning new comers into varsity athletes. Finally, the student and teacher relationships are great. I love going back to see teachers.

Central Catholic High School 2

Posted December 08, 2012
I currently have one child at CCHS and one that has graduated from CCHS and is currently doing very well in the pre-med program at Holy Cross. My experience with this school has been a contradiction of feelings. Academically, it has been the best choice we have made based on my eldest child's success and my second child's learning experience. Both have the utmost respect for the teachers and academics. However, if you are looking to augment your child's academic experience with soccer, make your decision carefully! In my opionion, the boys' soccer program is ALLOWED to be dysfunctional at the upper levels of the sport. The program, especially at the Varsity level, has damaged both of my children's High School experiences. My eldest played at the Varsity level, and his overall experience did nothing, but hurt his confidence and dampen his love of the game. In my opinion, the coaching lacked maturity, guidance, & an ability to inspire;instead sophomoric decision-making and strategy, as well as poor chemisty-building is employed and allowed. Unfortunately, it is my opinion that politics and a vendetta kept my second child from advancing. He now enjoys soccer outside of CCHS!

Posted September 10, 2011
its all about one thing there sport's. if you have any learning problems then forget it they do a bad job helping you and even push you aside. i lasted half freshmen year and to this day biggest mistake ever made.

Posted December 03, 2010
Choosing CCHS is one of the best decisions my children ever made. My son graduated in May 2010. The experiences that he had both in and out of the classroom were second to none. As he says, the entire experience shaped him into the man he is today. We were so fortunate to have the guidance department assist with the entire college process. They helped us all every step of the way and he was well prepared as he entered college this fall. My daughter is currently a junior and is very active in the school community. She enjoys theater, mock trial, being a student ambassador, as well as a peer leader. The teachers are so kind and compassionate and truly love what they do. They want the children to succeed. I feel so fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to send my children to CCHS. It is worth every penny and more!

Central Catholic High School 3

Posted December 03, 2009
I have had one child graduate from CCHS and one who is currently attending. My first child was not an athlete any longer due to injuries but excelled in Theatre. My current student is enjoying it although it is not as easy to meet new friends if you do not make sports teams. Great emphasis is on sports and those who cannot make the teams may feel inferior to those who do. That is just the mentality of the school. Teachers are 'ok' but not very willing to put extra time in for extra help considering what parents are paying for kids to attend. The whole college acceptance experience was an eye opener. While I would have thought CCHS grads were more competitive as applicants I did not find that to be the case at all.

Central Catholic High School 0

Posted June 20, 2009
I would have to say this was a terrible choice - not to scare any new comers or people thinking about it. If your looking for creativity, broad learning, enjoyment and envolvement this is not the school for you. I have attended cchs for 9 & 10 an am deciding for 11, but don't know. There are very very very little electives from a choice of only one photography class, a marketing class, business class, statistics and economics class and drama, world communication thats it. literally. at this school if you do not play any sports you are pushed aside from teachers and consider the low group of the crowd. I played track and my teacher was fond of me and then I withdrew and was completely ignored. This school lacks so much. But is 'family knit to some'

Posted October 22, 2008

Central Catholic High School
300 Hampshire Street, Lawrence, MA  01841
Last modified Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Central Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top