9-12|Private
1,353 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Central Catholic molded me into the man I am today. My 4 years at CCHS were some of the best years of my life. I met lifelong friends, who, coincidentally, just saw over the 4th. Not only did it teach me to be a better person, it taught me to be put others before myself. I felt so blessed to be part of such a strong community that stands by one another during good times and bad.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers are either older teachers that have retired to CCHS with limited energy and motivation or very young teachers completely unprepared for being in the class room. What your child learns will depend completely on what your child teaches themselves. AP kids will teach themselves and their peers and make CCHS look good via test results. Less ambitious students will coast through and end up in college unprepared.

Develops character: Neutral

CCHS is a do as I say not as I do kind of environment. By the time the kids graduate they have figured it out.

CCHS is not what it advertises to its prospective parents/students. My kids where attracted to the school based upon its sense of community and activities. I was attracted to CCHS based upon academic structure and an opportunity for personal development. As far as activities, if your not an athlete in the paper or the child of an alumni-athlete you don't exist. The politics of the athletic department are legendary and the current AD doesn't like parents and treats them like enemies instead of customers. As far as community, see activities above. That's what drives it. As far as academics, CCHS now offers a lot of AP levels courses. However, most of the AP teachers are young/brand new teachers that are learning the materials at the same time as your kid. The VHS classes are fine for a self learner but there is zero support at CCHS for the student. As far as personal development, CCHS is a do as I say not as I do environment. My kids graduated with a very jaded attitude toward the bulk of the teachers/administrators. They have never gone back and never will. As far as college acceptance, the CCHS guidance department is useless. There is no help with the application process. The guidance department actually made it harder and more confusing to complete the apps. My child currently studying at an Ivy spent less than an hour with her guidance counselor across 4 years. She had no help with her apps. She had to do everything herself.

Unless you have money to throw away, good luck. The teachers don't care, refuse to help students and the business office conveniently leaves out important information until after they have your money. Don't expect any support from anybody and NOTHING is included in the ridiculously high tuition. I'd love to know what $12,000 pays, because all we got was bent over!

I graduated from Central over 10 years ago and the 4 years I attended Central were easily the best 4 years of my life. I didn't take any AP courses but I received excellent grades and went to a very good college that is well known for being academically challenging. I found my freshman year in college particularly easy because I was so prepared by Central. The teachers were tough, but fair and if you want to have a relationship with the teachers, it is easy to do so. As for people complaining about athletes being shown favoritism? Welcome to the real world. It happens at all schools, public or private. It definitely happens in college, unless you go someplace without sports. I didn't play sports and my best friends to this day are from high school. It wasn't hard to make friends, all you have to do is try. It's easy to love Central, all it takes is a little effort. I can't wait to send my future children there!

This school is great and the athletic programs are top-notch here, especially the basketball program

I graduated from Central Catholic in 2013. Looking back at it, Central gave me the best experience of high school. Not only am I over prepared for college, but I am doing extremely well at an intense University. The work load at Central was demanding, but it prepared me extremely well. Playing sports in high school is always a great way to make friends and the coaches do a great job turning new comers into varsity athletes. Finally, the student and teacher relationships are great. I love going back to see teachers.

I currently have one child at CCHS and one that has graduated from CCHS and is currently doing very well in the pre-med program at Holy Cross. My experience with this school has been a contradiction of feelings. Academically, it has been the best choice we have made based on my eldest child's success and my second child's learning experience. Both have the utmost respect for the teachers and academics. However, if you are looking to augment your child's academic experience with soccer, make your decision carefully! In my opionion, the boys' soccer program is ALLOWED to be dysfunctional at the upper levels of the sport. The program, especially at the Varsity level, has damaged both of my children's High School experiences. My eldest played at the Varsity level, and his overall experience did nothing, but hurt his confidence and dampen his love of the game. In my opinion, the coaching lacked maturity, guidance, & an ability to inspire;instead sophomoric decision-making and strategy, as well as poor chemisty-building is employed and allowed. Unfortunately, it is my opinion that politics and a vendetta kept my second child from advancing. He now enjoys soccer outside of CCHS!

its all about one thing there sport's. if you have any learning problems then forget it they do a bad job helping you and even push you aside. i lasted half freshmen year and to this day biggest mistake ever made.

Last modified Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12