Posted September 25, 2013
Great school...Renovations are excellent! Student/teacher ration is solid. I couldn't be happier! We have been thrilled with the money that is going into the public school system!!

Alexander B Bruce 1

Posted June 23, 2013
my brother is getting bullied and the school is doing nothing about it so this school is pathetic

Alexander B Bruce 3

Posted July 21, 2011
It is a pretty good school. The teachers try really hard to help the students to understand the lessons.

Alexander B Bruce 0

Posted September 29, 2009
The Bruce School serves grades 2 through 8 in an urban setting with a majority of non-English speaking students. The challenges are great. The students receive an excellent education and the teachers and auxilliary staff have a winning attitude

Alexander B Bruce 2

Posted August 07, 2009
This school has mixed feelings for me. I recently graduated 8th grade from it after being there for four years. It's different, to say the least. The new principals we got had absolutely no control over anything, as well as Lawrence as a whole with its poor budgeting. I wouldn't blame the teachers for the lack of discipline. I've watched first hand. They try whatever they can to control the students, but it just doesn't happen. My teachers were all nice and didn't just cram stuff down our throats and load us up with homework. I was never strong in math but my teachers helped me to understand it better. My 8th grade math and science teachers went so far as to do an after school program, which really helped. My 8th grade year was truly amazing and I'll definitely miss my teachers. I say blame the principals and poor parenting.

Alexander B Bruce 1

Posted November 23, 2008
I agree withe the comment below. Not all teachers take control of the situation.

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted March 15, 2005

Alexander B Bruce
135 Butler St, Lawrence, MA  01841
Last modified Alexander B Bruce is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexander B Bruce Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top