Lincoln, MA

Posted January 30, 2014
My son started at Carroll 5 months ago and we couldn't be happier. What a nurturing and kind setting. I am amazed at the job they do. I will always be grateful for their services.

The Carroll School 1

Posted June 11, 2013
Carroll is resting on past laurels. Teachers are disengaged, math is not taught, kids don't learn organization, and there is no monitoring of recess behavior. In whole, the program is desultory, unimaginative, and second rate. The only benefit to Carroll is that kids get some 1:1 tutoring. After multiple years and multiple kids, I have given up on the place.

The Carroll School 1

Posted May 10, 2012
Carroll school refused entry to my child, which is fine , except the reasons were they refused to used a FM system, my child is hard of hearing and dyslexic, i gave them all kinds of information to help understand him, never thinking they would use this against him, I do wonder if i was a private paying , how this would have had and influence on their decision

Posted October 08, 2008
If you are lucky enough to get in... you are then blessed with the most wonderful kind and nurturing teachers (did I mention Highly qualified) your child will ever know. It is the 'Best' education for a LD child.

Posted February 05, 2007
My son came to Carroll in third grade and is now in fourth. Before Carroll, he had excellent teachers, significant support and intervention, yet still could not learn or navigate the school day. He was overwhelmed. The Carroll environment facilitates student success and independence. His stress level is now at a normal level. He believes in himself and is learning to self advocate and to learn more independently. His skills are improving. The culture at The Carroll School promotes a love of learning. Significant time is spent on the students' area of need (reading and writing), but the students are also able to learn through the arts, outdoors and in teams using explicit, multisensory methods. The Parent's Association is strong and welcoming. Parents and administrators seek to connect parents, students and teachers to build a strong supportive community.

Posted December 20, 2006
My son went to Carroll for two years in Middle School. In addition to solidifying his reading skills, he got a great boost to his overall academic confidence. He is now a college freshman majoring in computer science and doing well, thanks to Carroll.

The Carroll School 4

Posted November 12, 2006
This is our first year with a third grader. He went from not want to do homework and reading to the complete opposite in the first two weeks of attending The Carrol School. I personally attend a lot of meetings that the school provides. If you do not ask questions you will not get answers.

Posted October 07, 2005
My son was there from grades 3-5. He now reads and loves learning. One of the things he learned at Carroll was how to advocate with his teachers for his learning needs. He has been an 'A' student since moving back to public school. His experience at Carroll was a god sent for our family. Homework is never an issue any more. It was well worth the tuition expense. Education dollars well spent... No regrets. As for fund raising... all private school education costs more than tuitions cover(hard to believe but true). If you can give... every little bit helps. Carroll uses every penny for wonderful educational opportunties. Where can a child experience small classes, one on one tutoring, bounders, wood shop, drama and more!

Posted March 01, 2005
I have two children ages 9 and 13 at The Carroll School. Both children were failing and misserable in public school; both children are now thriving, happy and making great academic progress. Like any school, the key to sucess is communication. At Carroll, small class size and gifted, dedicated faculty make that connection possible. One of the things I like best about Carroll is its responsiveness to my childrens' unique learning styles, and the school's willingess to be flexible. Because of Carroll, I know that my children are acquiring the skills, strategies and confidence they need to reach their potential.

The Carroll School 3

Posted January 26, 2005
I am very undecided on Carroll thus far into my child's first year. Maybe we were over sold on the wonders it would do for our child, but my feelings now are mixed, would be very interested to know how other parents are feeling. Not enough outreach as to what our child is doing, but they has been plenty of out reach for financial fund raising.

The Carroll School