Littleton, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 22, 2014
This is our second year at school in Children's House, and we couldn't be happier with the individual attention and guidance our daughter receives at the school. The teachers really know about her interests and abilities, and are very approachable if I have questions or ideas. There are amazing weekly enrichment classes included during the day that are unmatched in this region, with special classes in music, Spanish, library, art, physical education, and now STEM and work with an environmentalist (new this year). We also have been able to participate in creative and fun festivals and events for the whole family, including an amazing Cultural Heritage Festival. Visit the school for yourself and observe the engaging, reflective, vibrant, and caring community at Oak Meadow!

Posted March 02, 2014
My two boys, currently in 4th and 7th grade, began at Oak Meadow at age 3. In preschool they were free to explore and grow guided by the warm teachers. They were able to work at their own pace. The older, early reader was encouraged to read beyond suggested reading levels and the younger, who had an early love of numbers and math, was working with hands on Montessori manipulatives that gave him a real understanding of math concepts traditionally taught at the elementary level and higher! Even though we live in a town with very highly rated schools (Acton, Ma) we decided that the individual approach to learning at Oak Meadow was more suited to our sons than one that teaches to the test and promotes little more than rote fact memorization to be forgotten as soon as the test is over. We have definitely made the right decision to stay at OMS. My kids have learned how to learn, have been allowed to fail, and have become resilient and self motivated. My seventh grader is challenged by a very rigorous curriculum and is being thoroughly prepared for his high school years and beyond. My fourth grader is engaged, sprinted and creative. The best thing is, though, that they both love school.

Posted February 26, 2014
Oak Meadow provides students with an engaging educational journey beginning as a preschooler and continuing through grade 8. The guided, interactive instruction, promoting curiosity and critical thinking in a collaborative learning environment, is a testament to the timelessness of the Montessori philosophy and how "following the child" is exemplary for adolescent development. The faculty, staff and administration at OMS are nurturing and dedicated professionals. The school community-at-large is warm and welcoming. Oak Meadow is one of the best investment decisions my husband and I have made for our daughters! They are happy, confident, compassionate, life-long learners with a strong knowledge base to appropriately support them in future endeavors into their adulthood.

Posted February 26, 2014
Oak Meadow is a wonderful environment for children from 3 years to 8th grade and their parents. The Montessori philosophy guides each child and builds confidence, character, life long learners and true citizens of the world at each program level. The community is extraordinary and diverse and a joy to be a part of. Graduates are well prepared and ready for the world! Thank you Oak Meadow!

Posted February 25, 2014
A year ago I spent some time observing this school for professional reasons, and while I was there I witnessed what the best single class I have seen in forty years in and around independent school classrooms: engaged students, brilliantly creative work the students were being asked to do, a teacher gently and subtly guiding middle school students to depths of insight and heights of creative problem-solving the likes of which teachers dream of. I was blown away, as I was by everything else I observed at the school. Oak Meadow is a place that ignites and sustains the curiosity and engagement of kids at every level; the Montessori roots keep children at the center and shape intellectually stimulating and challenging tasks and projects for kids at every level. I have continued, proudly, to maintain my connection with the school as a volunteer; sadly, my own kids are in college, as I would have been pleased to have them live and learn at Oak Meadow.

Posted February 24, 2014
Exceptional education. This nurturing environment has taught my child how to learn, not just how to memorize facts. This has made him into a passionate student and a proud member of the Oak Meadow Community. He has built a confidence that allows him to preserver through any challenge. The teachers take a genuine interest in the child's complete development and they foster a courteous, caring environment. Children are encouraged to be curios, explore and get excited about the world they live in and learn about. When I look at area schools, I have yet to find a school that offers such rich programs, coupled with a collegial setting and such caring, professional, dedicated staff. Your child is greeted every morning with a warm handshake by the Head of School, parents are always involved because they love the school, and children are happily buzzing about, even grandparents are regular supporters in the school community. I can't imagine my child anywhere else!

Posted May 13, 2013
Great school, coming from a public school. My child has ADD issues and is a challenge, but the teachers are very caring and supportive. I highly recommend this institution for their patience, the strength of the education and the sense of community the school fosters.

Posted April 23, 2013
I have been associated with Oak Meadow as both a parent and teacher for several years and have nothing but praise for the quality of students, parents, faculty, administration, and staff. All schools go through administrative, faculty, and family changes. Over the years Oak Meadow has only grown stronger. Oak Meadow is academically strong but just as important is the social and emotion development of the students. Oak Meadow is a caring, nurturing community. It has been a like a second family. The best gift the school gave my son was the ability to be comfortable in his own skin. My recommendation to anyone interested in Oak Meadow is to come visit and see for yourself,

Oak Meadow School 2

Posted April 12, 2013
Oak Meadow has really fallen flat. What was once a great school is losing students in droves. Many of the fabulous teachers have left as well as the wonderful Head and Asst Head of school. We have spoken to many families and lamented that this school is not what it once was. The pay scale for the teachers is very much on the lower end and that is contributing to the declining quality of the education.

Posted March 12, 2013
Oak Meadow in a nutshell: * Tremendous, motivated teachers with strong Montessori ethos * Dynamic, supportive administration * Diverse, well-educated, involved parental community. In sum, look no further for a wonderful opportunity for your child to grow in deeply resourced environs.

Oak Meadow School