Longmeadow, MA

Posted April 14, 2014
My children have been at Heritage for over 3 years and all I can say is I wish our family had found HA sooner. HA is truly a special school. You will discover highly dedicated and highly educated staff, welcoming parents and small class sizes. HA is preparing tomorrow's jewish leaders by providing a strong jewish and secular education. HA emphasizes the development of morals and upstanding character traits as well as being a student centered education model. Each student is encouraged to pursue their personal best, and there is no limit to what the staff will do to support a student and their family. Our children have gained a greater connection to their community and made lifetime friendships at HA. As a parent, I know HA is playing a greater role preparing my children for their future as Jews, as learners and as citizens of the world. All I can say is to come discover the difference that Heritage Academy education can bring to your children. It's a gift.

Heritage Academy 1

Posted October 29, 2013
Cheap, lazy staff members run this school. My child went here and she was being bullied there. She came home very upset every day because she was bullied so I brought it up to the principal at a parent meeting. The principal was aware of the bullying but did not care. She said there was nothing they could do and that's that. They were also very cheap. When it was determined that she needed an assistant teacher, the principle refused to get one because she was too darn cheap to hire one. It gets worse every year. They started being so desperate for new kids that now they take kids with behavioral problems who are really not a good fit just to get their parents' money. Don't do it.

Posted September 25, 2013
I am not sure how anyone who has experienced Heritage first hand, could rate it anything but five stars... From our experience, Heritage has been an outstanding experience for our child. The faculty has been extremely supportive, and the classroom environment is so enriching. The academics have been great, and my child loves going to school. What more could a parent want? Any parent considering a private education for their child should see for themselves what a fine school Heritage is.

Posted January 21, 2013
Disregard the sexist comment, it is totally untrue. Children love this chool and loved be teachers. Kids do wonderfully, there is great contrast with the public schools as we experienced both. Try it for a day and you will see.

Posted January 05, 2012
My children attended this school through Middle school. The faculty and programming are exceptional! My children are two very different types of learners and the faculty was able to reach both children and nurture them to individual academic success. Because of the emphasis on values, my children developed within them that they need to give back to the community and both volunteer on a regular basis. They are thoughtful, critical thinkers with a love of learning because of the education and care they received at Heritage Academy.

Posted January 05, 2012
With its small class size, excellent teacher-to-student ratio, a commitment to the arts, and science and technology labs, Heritage Academy, a Jewish Community Day School, is helping students reach their potential. The values-based teaching philosophy and adoption of the nationally recognized Stephen Covey Leader in Me program reinforce the importance of students as leaders. It is an honor to be a a part of such a wonderful school.

Heritage Academy 4

Posted January 03, 2012
My children went to Heritage for many years, and received an excellent General Studies and Judaic education. The school helped to foster their identity as Jews, while the secular education they received allowed them to transition successfully to high school. Their Heritage education is one that they'll carry with them forever. Caring, dedicated staff.

Heritage Academy 1

Posted October 11, 2011
For years my kids complained about unfair, sexist treatment at Heritage. Ultimately we left the school and have been amazed at how our kids have flourished in public school since. We observed spotty and unevenly applied discipline at Heritage, and repeatedly witnessed significant levels of favoritism. We wouldn't return.

Heritage Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2010
I personaly have nothing against the school, of course, I have never experienced any classes during it. My children, however, complain every day about this school! All I hear is, 'the teachers yelled at me, the teachers are mean, the food is gross, and I had a horrible day'. Overall, I would definately prefer the local public school or McDuffee over Heritage Academy.

Heritage Academy 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Heritage Academy has been a wonderful place for my children to receive an excellent education to prepare them to excel in High School.

Heritage Academy