PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have had dealings with three other Jewish day schools in CT and MA, and LYA has treated me the best. They are very professional and understanding of your unique situation. They do not judge, and offer very generous financial aid. The school is also exceptionally well run. I see the principal every day at dismissal, and he always finds the time to greet me and/or the kids. I feel they really care about us and want us at their school. My children had a seamless transition due to the kind and caring staff.

This school is exceptionally well-run with very professional, caring staff. I have had experiences with two other Jewish days schools in Connecticut, and LYA is much better in every respect. I highly recommend this school for anybody looking for a Jewish education. It does not matter what your background is. Your child will be happy here.

We are so appreciative for the care and time the teachers have given our daughter. We have seen substantial strides made in her love of learning and growth as a person! Thank you very much.

Caring, innovative staff, who strive to provide both a good secular and religious education. Modeling good character traits, teachers live by example.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at LYA use different methods to teach their lessons. They don't limit themselves to one mode, thus making it possible for every type of learner to flourish.

Amount of homework: Agree

As a student, I was busy with homework after school. Our teachers would also give us projects to make learning more exciting. I always remember having time to read or play as well. (I once won as award for taking out over 100 books from the library, I had time after homework to read.)

I went here as a child. The loving environment is what makes it a wonderful school to grow and learn. Both the Judaic and Secular classes are top rate. I was well ahead of my peers in high school, and I have LYA to thank for that! Many lifetime friendships where created there. LYA is not just a school, it's a community.

LYA is a family not just a school of numbers and faces. Students and staff are all supportive one another and work together. From the moment you enter the building to the time you leave , everyone is always smiling. It's a great atmosphere and a great school to work in. The relationships between staff and students is incredible.

Great Staff and amazing teachers! Warm and friendly environment. They have a leadership program that gives attention to each student.

I went to LYA from preschool through eighth grade and I have many fond memories from those years. Everyone in the school is warm and caring. You feel that you are part of a community, wether by pairing up with a different class to read together, presenting projects to different grades or even just the warm hello in the hallway. The education is top notch in both Judaic in secular studies. I was very well prepared for high school and beyond. Also the lessons were interesting and exciting. The school has many programs happening throughout the year, also helping to create the community feeling. Definitely a great place to spend my childhood years.

Last modified Lubavitcher Yeshiva Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8