K-5 & Ungraded
Longmeadow, MA

Blueberry Hill 2

Posted February 04, 2013
Our children attended Blueberry Hill at one time. They are now at another school that is meeting their needs much better. As a SAHM, I wanted to be involved in my children's education, and parental involvement at Blueberry was not welcomed in most of my children's classrooms. I found the curriculum to be stale and innovation to be lacking. Time management seemed to be handled poorly; almost daily my children came home with stacks of drawings from "free time." At their current school, the children spend time performing plays for the whole school, taking part in projects to benefit the entire school (one classroom is opening a school store, another organizing a school compost pile) and these activities did not happen at Blueberry Hill. It was very hard listening to friends in other districts talk about the exciting and interesting things that their children were doing when I could not add to the conversation. I believe that the resources are there and that there are numerous parents at Blueberry who want to be involved with day to day learning. Something needs to change to make this school as affective as it could be.

Blueberry Hill 1

Posted January 04, 2013
This school is pathetic for the town it is in! The principal doesn't care, I agree with poster 11/20/11, no warm and fuzzy anybody at this place. I pulled my kids out and went private, much more positive environment and teachers. There a few teacher at BHES that shouldn't be there. I know a lot of people come into this school excited and hoping for great things only to be disappointed and remove their kids. Poster 3/9/10, I am sure these were NOT the trouble makers, the trouble makers never leave becuase the principal doesn't do anything to stop it. Many NICE family's and kids leave for a better environment.

Blueberry Hill 3

Posted November 20, 2011
Blueberry is a pretty good school. There is not the warm fuzzy atmosphere that I would like in an elementary school. Some of the teachers are very good and care. However, the population of parents (and some teachers!) tend to be think they are above the rest and deserve to get whatever they want. I moved and went to another part of town!

Blueberry Hill 4

Posted March 16, 2011
This is a great school with high level of discipline and care. About Principal, That person is responsible for the whole school, safety and care for children and not to pamper your child. School has great environment, they engage kids and encourage extra curricular activities like Mileage club , Music, Gym. Biking to the schools etc. School provide enough home work to kids to keep them busy and engaged with daily learning schedule. If you are serious about your child's future then pick this school for sure. For any school, parents have to be involved with child's education to shape up their future and no exception here. There is no short cut of hard work and blaming others is not going to help your child. The school has nice PTO (Parent Teacher Org.), Go voice your opinion there and fix things if you don't like it.

Blueberry Hill 2

Posted January 12, 2011
I am very disappointed with this school. Many of the teachers are burned out and clearly there for the paycheck. Principal is not interested in constructive criticism, just backs her staff. Not a high energy staff. Chose to send my kids to local private school and am much happier since the environment is much more positive!

Blueberry Hill 0

Posted March 09, 2010
Give me a break. This is a very good school with well qualified parents. The review on march 9, 2009 states that she pulled her kids out. I am sure her kids were the ones with the disclpline problems. The principal does a good job addressing issues regarding discipline. it all begins at home. Remember that!!

Blueberry Hill 4

Posted February 02, 2010
This is our first year at this school and I am very impressed! The Principal is very involved and is outside during am drop off and pm pick up. Unfortunately, there is hardly anywhere to park, so the parking lot becomes very dangerous with fustrated parents driving carelessly! Teachers are caring and interested in the children progressing. The Staff is always smiling and upbeat!!! Where else can you find that?

Blueberry Hill
275 Blueberry Hill Rd, Longmeadow, MA  01106
Last modified Blueberry Hill is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blueberry Hill Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top