PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm so happy my child was at st Margaret school for a las 3 years. Its a great school excellent help and support from sr Lori.

Develops character: Disagree

Unfortunately this school was an unpleasant experience . If you are looking for a school that follows through with disaplinary actions then you need to go elsewhere.

St. Margaret School has been an excellent learning environment for my children. Having transferred one son from an expensive private school and another son from a public school, the transition was smooth and the students and teachers were very welcoming. The teachers and principal encourage communication between parents and students. I have found the teachers to be very involved in overall academic success of not only my children, but of all the students. It is a small school that fosters understanding of self and others, it promotes service and community and the student body is very diverse. My sons felt more a part of the school in their first year at St. Margaret School than they did in years at their other schools. Parent involvement is highly encouraged from classroom help to school events. St. Margaret School was recommended by a friend that had children attend from K1 through 8th grade and were very happy with the school. I am glad we chose to make the change.

WORST SCHOOL EVER. I received phone calls from the beginning saying my son was hitting other children and misbehaving. As time went by my son got worse at home and in school not knowing why. I requested a meeting and was told that had to be pushed out because the teacher was too busy. I also requested to observe the classroom and my child in it. I was also refused told I could not observe the classroom not even from outside. My child was left without lunch TWICE because he "misbehaved" according to them. He was also sent home with a broken lip and didnt receive a phone call for that either but I did when my son did something which was every day accoding to them. BY FAR the worst unprofessional school. I was given the runaround many times with lack of communication between both the teacher and principal. The fact that I paid the school in advance and all this to happen to my son was disconcerning to me. They let other children bully my son and when he defended himself he got penalized twice in class and after school. Also the teacher would tell my son he was a BAD KID. Who in their right mind does that? I do not recommend this school to any child.

St. Margaret School is good place for your child to get a great education. I will say the younger grades are not as academically intense as other schools but they instill a good work ethic and teach important study skills. I have found the older grades (3-8) to be much more rigorous. The school is very diverse and is a much more realistic representation of society. The principal is kind, and considerate of all the students. She is very approachable with any concern. My children have learned to focus but also be creative. Their is no singular way to do things. The children are allowed to be themselves while being respectful of others thoughts and opinion. The school is very open to parental involvement and strongly encourages it. My children have become well rounded because of St. Margaret's.

certainly not one of the better private schools in the city...too bad because it is nestled in a wonderful neighborhood in the city's Highlands section. The paster and principal seem to not put any money or effort into the school's appearance and upkeep...and I don't want to hear that it's because of the economy or that it's a common problem among these Catholic elementary schools. I pulled my kids and now send them to another private school in the city where their environment is CLEAN, technology is more up-to-date, etc.

My son started St. Margrets this year. I have to say that I am not very comfortable with him going to this school. There is no communication what so ever...at open house his teacher was rude and the principal seems to have no clue what is going on there. It does seem like a daycare/drop off place for your child. My sons grades have slipped and his behavior has gotton worse since he has been going there. he will finish out the year, but then we will be moving him to another school.

There was a total lack of communication, behavior plans with no consequences, lack of teacher assistants (1 assistant for 3 grades), low reading levels, and no computer or art classes. I would not recommend this school, or have my child return. Other parents were calling it a glorified daycare center. The kids are bullied by other kids, and nothing was done about it. Visit different schools (both public and private), talk to teachers, and find out what they should know once they complete their grade level. Kids need resources, not bullies.

Last modified St Margaret Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8