Dr. Gertrude Bailey Elementary School

Public | PK-4 & ungraded | 495 students

Posted October 16, 2014

This school is amazing the new principaL is just a great as the old one. This school is so nice a respective of EVERYONE!! :)

Posted June 4, 2013

My daughter was there in this school in her kindergarten class. Since we have to move to new jersy I have to left the school. my experience was very nice . Teacher was very good and parent teacher interaction was also good and the best asset of school is principal. Extra activities compared to other school are less else I'll love to keep my daughter to this school in future if possible.

Posted October 15, 2012

My daughter is in Kindergarten I'm currently writing a review because I know that a lot of people read this and I wanted to say that my daughter has been at this school less then two months now and I left this school upset twice. Its seems to me that some of the teachers in this school like to pick and choose what kids they like depending whether or not they know their parents. Dont get me wrong there are good things in the school like the principal and some teachers, but some teachers really do not care anymore about the students and it is a shame because I thought the reason people became teachers is because they loved the kids. I do think the teachers need to communicate with the parents more and not just with the parents they knew from some place.

Posted August 12, 2011

I'm going to the daley now .I had a great time at the bailey I and friends all ways got straight A's .The teachers are nice and a bit strict and very motavational.I love the bailey my parents do too.I cried puddles on my last day at the bailey.Forever in my memories are he great teachers and my friends from 1st-4th

Posted January 21, 2010

I moved just to get my 2 kids out of this school. Te teachers there seemed to only want to do the bare minimum. No gifted programs, and no extra help for those falling behind. When we moved to our current area, my older child was behind in what the other children were being taught. They already had learned cursive and their multiplication tables, and she hadn't, which made me realize how behind the Bailey was in their curriculum. Parents are made to feel very unwelcome at this school, with the exception of planned 'family events'. Violence in the area, and even in this elemefamily events. Crime in the area, and in the schools, seems to be on the rise. This standard of education is too poor for any child, not just mine!

Posted January 26, 2008

Our Daughter started Bailey school from 3rd grade. She was in Charter school from K to 2nd grade. We noticed huge difference in environment, discipline, cleanliness, playground, cafeteria, overall infrastructure. I am surprised to see MCAS score though. But school had higher scores also in last few years. Hoping this year would be better. But compared to several other school, we recommend Bailey School for better environment and academics for little chaps.

Posted June 6, 2007

My son enjoys going to Baileys and the staff has always been very cheerful and friendly. I'm surprised to see the poor MCAS rating for 2006. I had an impression this was one of the best schools in the state.

Posted October 28, 2005

Excellent School! We have 2 children who attended this school our daughter attended k-4 and our son attended from prek-1. If it was not for the fact we puchased a home in another part of the state in 2003 our son would still be attending the Bailey. We Truly miss the school & all of the Staff they made you feel like you were part of the Bailey School Family! We would like to acknowledge and thank a few special present & past Bailey School staff members, Ms. McCarthy (Former Principal) Ms. Elchook (PreK), Mrs. Roper(PreK Former Paraprofessional), Ms.Casey (K), Ms. Byrne(K Former ParaProfessional), Ms. Devlin (3rd) Mrs. Fortier (ParaProfessional) You were all such an inspiration to our children and we will be forever grateful. We Mmss you all! So if anyone is considering a School for there children The Bailey School comes highly reccomended! Thank you Bailey School staff! Signed, The Pelletier Family

Posted August 26, 2003

This school did wonders with my son who has ADHD. They worked very hard with his therapist and myself and his father. My daughter starts kindergarden this year an I am very happy sending her. They are wonderful teachers and peers.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 Massachusetts used the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) to test students in grades 3 though 8 and 10 in English language arts and math and in grades 5, 8, and 10 in science. The grade 10 MCAS is a high school graduation requirement. The MCAS is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Massachusetts. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 53% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students58%

Title I71%
Students with disabilities32%
English language learners60%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Massachusetts Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students45%

Title I67%
Students with disabilities32%
English language learners60%

Source: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

Test score rating examines how students at this school performed on standardized tests compared with other schools in Massachusetts. Test scores are based on 2012-13 MCAS results from the state of Massachusetts.

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MCAS results from the state of Massachusetts.

2 This rating is based on 2011-12 and 2012-13 Median Growth Percentiles in Math and English Language Arts from the state of Massachusetts.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 33% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 65%N/A35%

Fax number
  • (978) 459-5314

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now