Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I went to school here & it's only improved since then each year. This school is large and there are many activities for students. There are all types of students and there are several levels (college prep, honors, ap are only a few) to ensure your child is with like minded students. Most teachers are accessible and care that you want to learn & do well. I know plenty of students whom attended Ivy Leagues or the like. This school is the effort you put in it & there's so many activities & groups you will find your place in it by pursuing your interests.

I'm currently a Junior at Lowell High School. I have been to three different high schools in the past three years of school, not including the year between freshman and sophmore year that I took off to have my son. This is by far the best school I've been to. The majority of teachers CARE. They help me out a LOT knowing that I have a child, and Don't have it easy at home. Despite this, I will be dropping out this week. My guidance counselor, knowing that my mind is made up, is helping me look into different GED programs and helping me to make a stable plan. Most counselors I know wouldn't bother. I love this school, and I'm glad that I got to experience people in power that actually care. I really needed that and it gave me the confidence to make the decisions I have and actually KNOW that i can succeed.

We moved from Bedford, MA to Lowell this past Summer and my son in (9th grade) enjoys it far better here! The Freshman Academy at Lowell High provides a healthy protection from upperclassmen. The size and diversity provides far more class choices with high honors AP classes, sports and after school programs. For advanced kids, the 'great secret' is that there is the Latin Lyceum program (need to test to qualify) which is equivalent to a 'private' school education at a public school cost. The city center also provides musical, cultural, educational experiences at UMass Lowell and the Tsongas Center. We feel our kids are safe to walk around by themselves. The diversity is amazing which reflects the world we live in with Asian, Hispanics, Blacks and Whites. Lowell has been a far better overall educational experience for our kids (14, 13, 9) than a mono-culture suburban environment. Bedford was also great and has its strengths, but moving to Lowell has been one of the best decision we've made.

Lowell High has a well rounded educational advantage for students. It is diverse and has connections with great city leaders and colleges.

my son is going to this school right now,i thought if he went to this school that he would fail his classes,but just the oppisit ,he is thriving in this school,the teachers a great to him,he goes every day,this wk is test wk,he is doing awsome,thanks lowell high,i appreciate all ur help with my son ;)

I am currently a senior at LHS and I don't see the problem with the security guards. I barely see security guards when I am going to my classes. I know they're there but they are just helping with movement of the halls (since there are many kids) and safety. I personally thinki security makes everyone feel more safe. And ID Badges are not a big deal; you put it on your neck and forget about it for the rest of the day. Other than that, Lowell High has great teachers you connect with that can make you laugh and give you a good education at the same time. And with over 30 clubs and activities including Science Club, Yearbook Club, Mock Trial, and Chess Club, LHS makes it easy to get involved. And some of the sports there are the best in the state. GO LHS!

to the person who said there are gangs in th area, aorrry but i have lived in lowell my whole life i hve never heard a gunshot and people are not being pop off every other day. the sucirtity is a little tight ya bu not bad. great classes i had and am having a good time there

Lowell High School in Lowell, Mass. was tops! A diverse student body. We learned to respect differences in one another and look beyond the color of one's skin, the type of last name they had, or from which socioeconomic background from which they came....we were challenged to ask questions, be curious, and to embrace life-long learning, and finally we learned through the role models of our teachers and administrators to give back to the community and to the country. LHS forever!

I went to Lowell High School Class of 07. It was a great school despite the negative talk about LHS being a bad school with many problems. It has many facilities that care about the students and their educations. The school help many students prepare for college with their many college prep programs. The school also provides many after school programs. It also has diversity like no other school has. LHS ROCKS!

I'm a freshman at Lowell high now and it's the best high school ever!!! Diverse cultures and activities make this school special. A year ago, I attended Dunedun Highland Middle School in Palmharbor, Florida and it's nothing compared to Lowell high even though it is a wealthier school. W00t Lammy!!

Last modified Lowell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.