Bad
Good

The teachers here are amazing, my kids have always been happy with their teachers. I wish I could say the same about the principal. She does not take care of issues and we often have to turn to other faculty for help. The nurse has also brushed off my sick child more than once and she came home crying because of being in pain. If it weren't for my child's amazing teachers, I would have pulled her out of this school last year.

We love the Shaughnessy. Our girls will be going into 3rd and Kindergarten next week. We have been at the school since 2011. The teachers they have had are great and the principals want the best for the students. They have been really trying to involve the families with events throughout the year. We had an issue with bullying last year and it was quickly fixed with an all grade seminar on bullying and a meeting with our daughter and the children that were bullying. I love that Miss. Mulligan and Mrs. Nault care so much about all students.

My child does not like going to school. Once my child wanted to go again it seemed the third grade teacher purposely made things miserable. My child now doesn't like school again. I think I am having the same issue as another parent on here. They will not give my child IEP testing, about 5 months has passed since I requested it in writing and spoke to the director who tried to talk me out of it for a good 30 minutes. After she agreed to do it, it was never given. I won't get into the other disgraceful things her teacher said or did, but she made the school year miserable and difficult for my child and family. My child is miserable when arriving home from school. It breaks my heart, I loved school at this age. This I time to build a child's love for learning not shatter it into pieces. I tried to get a transfer out of the school in 2nd grade, but they didn't read the paperwork I sent in. I am currently trying to get her out of this poor learning environment.

Some of the teachers/faculty are good with most of the children. However, if your child is different in any way you need to follow up constantly to make sure your child is getting what he/she needs. Children need the love and support while in school and they dont always get it. I have seen and heard many kids getting in trouble for the strangest things, elementry school should be fun an exciting, making the kids enjoy/love going to school. The past two years have been nothing but being on pins and needles wondering if our child had a good day. What has happened, who did it, and why. This does not make for seeing your child at the end of the day happy, it makes it nerve racking until you see your child in the gym for pick up and not in the office or the classroom. As a result this will not be our school going forward. As you can see a lot of the messages below are from a few years ago not one that I see is current unitl now.

My daughter and my son are at shaughnessy school it is a very nice school the teacher are very nice, I recommend .

At first when my daughter started here, she did very well, and I was very pleased with the school. Then came a day I had to come in and dismiss her for a doctors appointment, and was sitting near the office out of view of teachers coming from the lunch room with a class of students, and heard them yelling at the kids not to 'touch the wall' , heard another teacher basically scream at a student to get back in line (she was literally a step out of place). Figured maybe this was just a bad day and then went back to get my daughter on a different day and saw different teachers yelling at other students in the same fashion. Was also told by one of my daughters that they are not even allowed to talk at lunch, or they get "written up". Kind of ridiculous for Kindergarten age students. Show up unannounced and see what kind of school this really is. Dictatorship, plain and simple.

My daughter is currently at the Shaughnessy school and my son was also there a couple of years ago...I feel that it is a great school and the teachers are very caring. There is also alot of parent involvement which I think is great

I have 3 kids there. one of them just finished 4th grade and is now moving on to a new school. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! My kids are above average on all tests. The Teachers are excellent and have real concerns about kids education.

pk to 2 grade was great. but now that my daughter i in 3 rd grade things are not the same.But love the teachers from prek to second grade, and Mrs.Lee the Prinicipal is awsome.You always see her walking arould and talking to the kids.

J J Shaughnessy is a great school. My son was at Abraham L. school, I didn't see any progress. At Shaughnessy he is doing great. when I go to the kid homework I can tel that the teachers are qualified. I will recommand the school to any one.

Last modified Shaughnessy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.