Lunenburg Primary School

Public | PK-2 & ungraded | 373 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 22, 2013

this is one of the better schools . the teachers are all so patient with the children and make learning fun. It is full of teachers that are there because they like teaching

Posted July 12, 2013

Preschool sped staff, wonderful! K-3 Special Ed staff, terrible!! Absolutely no evolution in special education services, no parent communication or teamwork. They will give you anything you request in IEP but never follow through. New principal backs staff 100% without a neutral eye because was once sped director. Everyone that I know without any special ed services loves this school, but I will not send my typical developing kids here after seeing the lack of accountability. There are others within the sped community who feel the same. be aware!

Posted March 1, 2012

The teachers here are excellent and the principal is doing a great job. My daughter enjoys going here and gets extra help when needed. The environment is very welcoming and the teachers are very dedicated. The school was built in 2005 so the building is in fantastic shape.

Posted November 14, 2010

The principal everyone complained about, along with her unfriendly clerk, both retired over the summer of 2010. The school is a more welcoming place and the academics remain top notch. We are thankful this change has occurred and see positive changes in the school's atmosphere already.

Posted June 24, 2009

I am very involved with my child's activities at school and communication via email has been wonderful with the teachers. I'm sorry to hear of the personal, social issues others have had with the principal and teachers but I certainly have to DISAGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY about not being challenged and not treated well if you're not someone 'special'. That is just ridiculous. Sounds like personal problems getting in the way here. My child is getting a great education from a great curriculum and some wonderful, caring teachers. Parents need to be involved at home, too!!!

Posted June 23, 2009

If I could rate 0 stars I would. I am extremely saddened that my family is in such debt with housing here, for the sole purpose of our children attending this school and district. They all attend school out of district. Almost from the start I felt like an uninvited guest to a party. Within months it was affecting my children so much that I had to pull them mid-year and transfer them out. Much like the other parents said, unless you are someone 'special' you will not be treated well, nor will your accelerated child get challenged. So sad.

Posted April 1, 2009

Not a school that I would tell my friends about. The office staff is not a friendly bunch, whereas the attitude is that you are wasting their time when you approach them with a concern. The principal is down right rude and does not welcome new students. If anything she is disappointed that an 'outsider' has evaded her space. The teaching staff for the most part plays favourites, as many other parents have told me, and with my own experience. It comes down to who you are, rather who the parents are and what they can provide the school. My kids are now attending school outside of the district, at my personal cost, just so they can get a fair education and make good friends- as opposed to a poor education and classmates who have learned rather early that money makes you king of the hill. So very sad.

Posted October 14, 2008

Great school if you have a child with special needs, but if you want your child to excel and be challenged, this is not the school for you. People come from all over to get their kids into the school for the special needs programs, but many of them are so needy it takes away from the other kids in the classroom. Mediocrity and conformity are the standards of this school. Be warned.

Posted September 7, 2008

We move to Lunenburg 5 years; one of the reasons we moved her was because of the school system. We have child who entered the school system this year. The experience has been very disappointing thus far. The teacher does not communicate with us at all; she will not return emails or phone calls. The school web site is not updated on a regular basis. We are considering putting our child in a private school.

Posted August 12, 2008

I have two children at this school. It is a new building with plenty of up to date designs built into the school. The teachers are hard working and caring. The parents are involved inside and outside the class room. It is a very good experience for my children

Posted November 28, 2007

We're new to the town and have high hopes for this school (we have a Kindergartner). We love the academic programs and the teachers' care and concern for children. I agree with the other reviewer--the office staff is cold, like when we call it's a waste of her time or we're doing something wrong. This is what we pay taxes for? The principal seems fine, but is much friendlier to parents/kids she already knows and likes, so we'd like to see her really reach out to all students. But I agree that the principal can seem cold and dismissive. Granted, she's got a job that encompasses a lot of stuff, but don't you think she could make an effort to be warmer and more inclusive towards all? Lead by example and your staff will follow...

Posted January 8, 2007

Principal is aweful. Haven't met a parent yet who has anything nice to say about her. She is cold and dismissive. This is the only school my children have attended. I have a 1st grader & a 2nd grader. I am impressed with the teachers as they seem concerned about my children and are quick to notify me if they have any concerns about them. The academics are great, kids are learning quickly and are excited about school. If it wasn't for the Principal, I would have no complaints.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

Test score rating examines how students at this school performed on standardized tests compared with other schools in Massachusetts. Test scores are based on 2012-13 MCAS results from the state of Massachusetts.

This school
District
State

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MCAS results from the state of Massachusetts.

Asian 1% 6%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 9%N/A34%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1401 Massachusetts Ave