PK-2 & Ungraded
Lunenburg, MA

Posted August 22, 2013
this is one of the better schools . the teachers are all so patient with the children and make learning fun. It is full of teachers that are there because they like teaching

Posted July 12, 2013
Preschool sped staff, wonderful! K-3 Special Ed staff, terrible!! Absolutely no evolution in special education services, no parent communication or teamwork. They will give you anything you request in IEP but never follow through. New principal backs staff 100% without a neutral eye because was once sped director. Everyone that I know without any special ed services loves this school, but I will not send my typical developing kids here after seeing the lack of accountability. There are others within the sped community who feel the same. be aware!

Posted March 01, 2012
The teachers here are excellent and the principal is doing a great job. My daughter enjoys going here and gets extra help when needed. The environment is very welcoming and the teachers are very dedicated. The school was built in 2005 so the building is in fantastic shape.

Posted November 14, 2010
The principal everyone complained about, along with her unfriendly clerk, both retired over the summer of 2010. The school is a more welcoming place and the academics remain top notch. We are thankful this change has occurred and see positive changes in the school's atmosphere already.

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted June 24, 2009
I am very involved with my child's activities at school and communication via email has been wonderful with the teachers. I'm sorry to hear of the personal, social issues others have had with the principal and teachers but I certainly have to DISAGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY about not being challenged and not treated well if you're not someone 'special'. That is just ridiculous. Sounds like personal problems getting in the way here. My child is getting a great education from a great curriculum and some wonderful, caring teachers. Parents need to be involved at home, too!!!

Posted June 23, 2009
If I could rate 0 stars I would. I am extremely saddened that my family is in such debt with housing here, for the sole purpose of our children attending this school and district. They all attend school out of district. Almost from the start I felt like an uninvited guest to a party. Within months it was affecting my children so much that I had to pull them mid-year and transfer them out. Much like the other parents said, unless you are someone 'special' you will not be treated well, nor will your accelerated child get challenged. So sad.

Posted April 01, 2009
Not a school that I would tell my friends about. The office staff is not a friendly bunch, whereas the attitude is that you are wasting their time when you approach them with a concern. The principal is down right rude and does not welcome new students. If anything she is disappointed that an 'outsider' has evaded her space. The teaching staff for the most part plays favourites, as many other parents have told me, and with my own experience. It comes down to who you are, rather who the parents are and what they can provide the school. My kids are now attending school outside of the district, at my personal cost, just so they can get a fair education and make good friends- as opposed to a poor education and classmates who have learned rather early that money makes you king of the hill. So very sad.

Posted October 14, 2008
Great school if you have a child with special needs, but if you want your child to excel and be challenged, this is not the school for you. People come from all over to get their kids into the school for the special needs programs, but many of them are so needy it takes away from the other kids in the classroom. Mediocrity and conformity are the standards of this school. Be warned.

Lunenburg Primary School 2

Posted September 07, 2008
We move to Lunenburg 5 years; one of the reasons we moved her was because of the school system. We have child who entered the school system this year. The experience has been very disappointing thus far. The teacher does not communicate with us at all; she will not return emails or phone calls. The school web site is not updated on a regular basis. We are considering putting our child in a private school.

Lunenburg Primary School
1401 Massachusetts Ave, Lunenburg, MA  01462
Last modified Lunenburg Primary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lunenburg Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top