Lunenburg, MA

Turkey Hill Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2015
For some reason one of my son's teachers has taken a dislike to him. When we've had parent/teacher meetings, when she did attend a meeting, she treated my husband and I with disrespect and sarcasm. Anytime we brought up a concern she would blame us for any difficulties he was having at school. My son's friends have all said she swears in class at the kids and yells at them. She recently shoved my son's desk, while he was sitting at it and told him she wanted him to face the front so she could see his eyes. We've tried to address these things with the principal, but the assistant principle tells us we're over reacting.

Turkey Hill Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This school does not provide a safe learning environment for students. Bullying is constantly ignored and the education isn't even good. I was never academically challenged at this school.

Turkey Hill Middle School 1

Posted February 18, 2014
THMS does not provide a safe, nurturing, positive learning environment. Differences in individual learning styles are not respected by students and teachers. An IEP was denied and 504 accommodations were not followed. Vice Principal defends teacher's inappropriate behavior. Principal and Superintendent also support teachers. Peer bullying is problematic and poorly addressed by staff and administration so bullying continues.

Turkey Hill Middle School 5

Posted April 03, 2011
School has a great principal "Mr Tim Santry", who has created environment of learning. He is always interacting with students and parents and seeking feedback on how to make school better. My daughter teachers are high quality and challenging students to do their bests. Six grade teachers my daughters has this year are exceptional quality. Quality of projects, kids are creating are really impressive. These teachers have high degree of confidence and not teaching for MCAS. I am proud of this school administration, teachers and students.

Turkey Hill Middle School 5

Posted September 26, 2009
This school has good teachers with profession skills to encourage students to be lifelong learners. Teachers are hard working and professional in their teaching and students active participation in class is not just encouraged but its a requirement.

Turkey Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 01, 2005
Turkey Hill Middle School provides a safe physical environment, however our experience is that the learning environment needs to be more open. Today's students learn by being encouraged to question and think outside the box. THMS rewards students (and teachers) who will stay inside the box.

Turkey Hill Middle School
129 Northfield Road, Lunenburg, MA  01462
Last modified Turkey Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turkey Hill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top