PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

From the moment we stepped on the campus, we knew we had found a treasure! The education provided is excellent, and the one on one attention our children receive is invaluable. The fact that they are excelling academically is a testimony to the great teachers at NSCS. Equally as important as the academics is the spiritual development of the children. Knowing that their hearts are being challenged with biblical principals that support what we teach at home is reassuring to us as parents. We are confident that our decision to send our children to NSCS is one that will reap great rewards, and we are thankful for it!

This school is a blessing and wonderful place!!!!

We never intended to send our boys to private school, so when we were looking for alternatives to traditional day care, I saw the NSCS Banner and I called. I met with the admissions director, told her of our fears of how to make ends meet with children in private school, and her response was to Trust GOD! And we DID! That was back in 2009...and we are STILL at NSCS Trusting God and more importantly we trust our boys with the most amazing school faculty and staff I have ever encountered. What more could we ask for that our teachers CARE for our children? They PRAY for our kids! They BELIEVE in our kids! They LOVE our boys! We are all woven into the fabric of each others lives. I walk into NSCS and it feels like home for me, and for my family.

My son has attended this school for 2 years after 5 very unsuccessful years in public school. This school has been a blessing, and has transformed my son from a frustrated student with low self-esteem to an engaged student with a positive outlook on his abilities. The teachers are dedicated and committed to the success of each individual student. Also, I am always impressed with how the education goes beyond rote memorization of facts, but pushes the students to think critically and connect what they are learning to our world today. Lastly, with the exception of our faith as the common denominator, this private school offers a great deal of diversity among its student body and families. I am grateful my son has had the opportunity to attend such a nurturing school.

I have to disagree with most of the reviews here. My daughter is getting a better education from the public school than NSCS. Her difficulty with math continues because her teacher in 2rd grade didn't teach her well. Her teacher was clearly busy getting ready for her own daughter's wedding at the time and told me so herself. Important skills as multiplication and division are still root of her weakness because of the poor education she got from this school. There is no after school homework help from teachers(I believe you have to pay to get some tutoring during lunch hours), very little after school activities, extremely boring mandatory spring and winter choral concert and seemingly never ending fundraising. My daughter completely agrees with me along with all the parents of my daughter's friends who no longer attend NSCS. I taught my daughter about God and she has a personal relationship with Lord so that negativities from the public school are not bothering her at all. It was a complete waste of money of my part to send my daughter here for 4years and regret it every single day.

I love North shore christian school! Until we moved to a different state, my boys went to preschool program at Austin Square branch for a year and half. The boys always loved to go to school to learn somethings and to meet friends and teachers. Teachers were so dedicated, loving and understanding to each child's needs and ability. Teachers use the positive reinforcement for disciplining kids and the school values nurturing as christians and members of community. My sons still talk about the teachers and things that they had done at school at NSCS. and remember the songs and praises they learned.

We enrolled our son at North Shore Christian School in Kindergarten after only 3-weeks in public school. We made a wise decision and are so blessed...the professional and knowledgeable faculty challenge our son academically and nurture his growth and understanding. NSCS is also a wonderful community of support for parents. We are looking forward to sending our daughter there too in a couple of years!

I have been a parent here for 21 years with 4 kids going from PK - grade 8. I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else! The kids were loved and nurtured by their teachers and graduated with a strong academic background as well as a faith that had grown and matured because of the Bible instruction and the examples set by teachers and staff. A wonderful place filled with wonderful people.

We decided to send our son during the middle school years. What a blessed decision. Great academics and great environment. Thanks!

I have been a parent of NSCS for 11 years, I have worked there and have also been a board member. This is a very special and unique school extremely loving and nurturing. It has been a wonderful experience for the whole family.

Last modified North Shore Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8