Lynn, MA

Shoemaker Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2015
I was skeptical about sending my child to this school, but I'm glad I did. I think its one of the best grade schools in Lynn. The principal is very involved and doesn't just hide in her office, she's leading from the front! Another thing I really like is the diversity and PTO. I would have rated it 5 stars, but the facility is a bit run down with leaks during winter/rainy periods. Overall tho, my daughter is very excited to go to school everyday and she tells me she enjoys coming to this school.

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is wonderful! The Principal is top notch and very open to communication and suggestions from parents, and all of the teachers we have had thus far have been fantastic with our twins. Their programming and curriculum is constantly studied and improved upon. They do tons of outreach to families. Shoemaker also has a great after-school program partnership with Campfire (Ricky is the BEST,) and a very strong parent organization. They are also very supportive of the arts and music and have a newly designated room for the two, and make good use of technology in the classroom. My kids love it and look forward to going to school every morning.

Shoemaker Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2012
Shoemaker is a great school in a great area of single family homes - the scores would be much higher for MCAS, etc. but averages include the 47 low performing special needs students housed in the building. The parent group is very active and teachers are excellent.

Posted January 31, 2009
I think Shoemaker School is the best because of it`s hard commitment of getting this school as safe and educational as it can be! I admire all of the faculty members and My advice is to send your kid there if you live in Lynn because you know your child will be safe!

Posted August 10, 2007
My daughter has been going to the Shoemaker School since 1st grade. The Principal is supportive, compassionate, helpful and wonderful with the children. Shoemaker has excellent teachers that keep the children motivated and excited about learning. The children are in a safe, educational, pleasant, clean environment.

Shoemaker Elementary School
26 Regina Road, Lynn, MA  01904
Last modified Shoemaker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shoemaker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top