K-5 & Ungraded
Lynn, MA

Hood Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
I love this school ; it's professionally led, accommodating and welcoming to all. The teachers care about the kids and meetings and events are well run. My son has grown academically and socially. There is a team approach between the parent and teacher that creates great working collaboration. This is a great school so the negative report should be removed from this review, it's an inaccurate review of the school!!

Hood Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
Before my son started attending this school, my wife and I set up an appointment with them to have a tour and speak to the principal. She was very accommodating, professional and open about where the school was academically in the past and the progress that it made since she became principal. She said that she had to fire some of the staff who were not meeting her higher standards. The other teachers who remained understand that the kids are their first priority and that they are there to help the children learn. My son has made great progress since coming to this school. His teacher is professional and responsive when we ask for progress reports for my son. The new principal is bringing about awesome changes to this school. It's not the same Hood School from years ago. You will be pleasantly surprised, if you check it out.

Hood Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2011
First of all this school is falling apart, good teachers left, new principal has no idea what shes doing. No discipline where needed, no organization and appropriate supervision of students. There is no adequate communication between teachers and parents. In process of trying to move my child out of that environment.

Hood Elementary School 0

Posted July 13, 2009
My daughter just left this school and my son is still there this is a very good school and the teacher are wonderful. I don;t understand why it received such a low rating i love this school.

Hood Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2008

Hood Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2003
- a former student

Hood Elementary School
24 Oakwood Ave, Lynn, MA  01902
Last modified Hood Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top