Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Ingalls Elementary School
Grateful to: Student

Posted July 14, 2016
We were all in together and helped each other survive. Without the help of other students some of us would have been far worse off.

Ingalls Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2016
As a former student, this was the worst school I had ever gone to and I'm still traumatized by the events that happened there. Everyday after recess (which involved hanging out in a poorly manged parking lot with no equipment) we had to line up by class for who knows how long to be yelled at by the 6th grade teacher who would ultimately decide we weren't good enough or quiet enough. Then we would all end up in the cafeteria for the rest of the afternoon writing "yellows" like "I will stand in a straight line" on both sides of at least 10 or 15 sheets of yellow lined paper. When I came into that school I was 2 grade levels ahead of all of my peers. When I left I was just happy I survived. My family was eligible for the lunch program, but I never knew about it. Most days I starved all day long or got left overs from my friends. My teacher used to throw chalkboard erasers at the kids and ridicule them if they didn't know the work. She would pick on them if they came in unkempt. She seemed to really have it out for this one little boy in particular. she would put him in the front of the class simply to ridicule him. And sad thing is this was exemplary of the other schools I attended in Lynn. I would NEVER move back to Lynn. I would never put my kids in a Lynn school.

Ingalls Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is excellent! The teachers that my children have had are all wonderful, caring and attentive. They have a garden the children help with and provide them with many educational activities that the kids love.

Ingalls Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2004
I actually worked at this school. Although the teachers mean well, many are not equipped with the skills necessary to run an urban school such as this one. There are teachers that yell and demean children to get them to comply. The principal runs the place as if she's a tyrant. Her mood is so inconsistent, it's hard to know when she'll be your friend, or your worst enemy. There's little diplomacy. All of this leaves most teachers and staff feeling unsupported and disempowered, and feeling hung out to dry by themselves dealing with often difficult situations within the school. Consequently, with no good management in place, many teachers resort to less than ideal behavior to make ends meet. It's too bad, because the children are mostly very nice, but are clearly underserved by this environment.

Ingalls Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2004
This was one of the most unimpressive schools I've ever seen. The teachers are not that bright and they just want a paycheck. The school yard has a huge pool of spoiled milk just outside the door every day. It's a health hazard for the children. The teachers can't speak english correctly and it's their native language. I was very unimpressed! I put my name on the Parent/teacher list two years ago and haven't heard from the school yet. I guess it was all smoke!

Ingalls Elementary School
1 Collins Street Terrace, Lynn, MA  01902
Last modified Ingalls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.