Bad
Good

The Connery school needs to meet more needs for children that need help. A newsletter should go out every month to the parents so we can see what's going on with our children, this school is not a bad school but it could use more effort and support to the kids and their families. I don't understand why the kids play in the parking lot, this school needs a lot of remodeling, there is mold in this school it needs a complete wipe down once every 2 months disinfect the school.. My child has been sick a lot from this school. last year my child caught mono the (kissing disease) missed a lot of school (they said to me that I need to send my child that is extremely ill to school, by law you can not send your child to school if there temp is over 98.7 or slightly higher but said to me they can make exceptions for my child NO,NO, NO not ok poor kid had temp over 101.2 completely sick.) on top of that when he started to feel better he would come home sick again something is in that school that is making him sick... Due to that this year the school is twisting it on me that I kept my child out cause I wanted him home (No) I want my child to have a great education, I'd like to be more involved with my childs school but it seems to me they have something they are hiding. I overall like the school, but needs improvement and I know that money is a issue due to lack of money this school can't improve itself.. So far I do like the teachers, but this is the 2nd year my child has gone to this school... I have known a few mother that took their kids out of this school because of the way the principal talks to the parents , judges you, talks to the kids, when you're there everything seems great but remember everything is different behind closed doors.. I'd like to see a improvement in this school for my child and the other children that go to this school..I will fight for my child to have a great education. therefor the troubles i have had and still are having with this school I will fight for my child to have the best schooling he can have..If i have to go above and beyond this school to the higher up i will till i am heard and have proper schooling for my child..

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I'm not quite sure,Connery it's tough trying to meet them look at your child's classroom. I've never got to have a tour of this school yet. but being me I have walked around myself and looked at everything and know my ways around this school...

Amount of homework: Agree

I'd say connery it's Fair due to the grade the student is in. but as the grades get higher yes, i do say there's too much homework for the children.

I went to Connery and I have nothing but the fondest memories of the school. I am a university student now living in another state but I've never forgotten the love and support I was given by the teachers in this school. Being a student from a foreign country who couldn't speak a word of English, I had assumed I would feel left out and alone. But I was never given an opportunity to have such feelings. Every member of the staff was so kind and patient. I'll always be grateful for the love and support I was given. Especially Mr. Valdoni, I'll never forget his tremendous kindness and patience. He always made us smile. I'll never forget how during every recess, he would come outside and play soccer with the kids. Thank you Mr. Valdoni for being such an awesome teacher. I'll always be grateful for that.

Connery school is a good school if you are involve with your kids school work, the principle has a lot of resources to help our kids get better. Most kids are misbehaved but I wouldn't blame the teachers or the school, It might be more how they are raised. I have had a good experience with connery and has helped my kids.

This is the WORST school my daughter has ever attended. I dont want to give ANY stars. The kids in that school are very rude, mean and out of line. Fights, swearing and bulling EVERYDAY! I suggest if you live in WEST LYNN.. MOVE! Nice principle, Mrs. O'Connor. And MS. Jamie in the 4th grade. However I think this school needs a makeover.. a cafateria would be nice with HOT meals. The floors are broken the playground is trashed. UGH! ZERO STARS !

Last modified Connery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.