K-8 & Ungraded
Malden, MA

Posted July 27, 2014
The school is a great place. You learn all the necessary topics and dont go off topic. Anyday you're allowed to stay after to get help from any of the teachers. This school is the best school my child has gone too. My child was never bullied or had serious problem with other students. Forestdale is great.

Forestdale School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
I currently have two children attending this school. I wish there was more options of a bilingual classses other than one for their grade. I also have notices several changes of aides in one of my child's classrooms - probably due to budget constraints. Forestdale, being an "International" school, I was suprised to find a staff member car with anti-immigrant bumper stickers. I was offended and I am suprised the school whose intention to foster multi-cultural pluralism, isn't following through by tolerating staff members that have slogans like, "protect our borders" on their cars.

Forestdale School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Parents are given the opportunity to participate with their children's learning. This teamwork is essential for student success. There is an openness for new ideas, techniques, and diversity. Most of the teachers are truly dedicated along with the staff. The principal works well with all aspects of the school.

Forestdale School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
The special education program at this school leaves alot to be desired. The system as a whole has some major issues, but the 'sweep it under the rug mentality' and 'your kid must need outside counciling' theory thrown around with all too much regularity is getting tiresome. I'm afraid there are no answers available or an end in sight. God help our kids is all I can say.

Posted January 22, 2008
I have a daughter currently in 2nd grade in the traditional program. She has 45 minutes of Spanish as part of her specials. The school also offers a dual language program in which children learn both English and Spanish about 50/50 split. So far my daughter has loved every teacher she has had. As a parent I have felt that each teacher personally cares about my child and wants her to succeed. My husband was very impressed when he went to a ngiht time event and every teacher there seemed to know my daughter by name. The new principal is great and a major improvement over the principal that retired after my dd's kindergarten year. The new one is very approachable to both parents and students. Staff such as librarian, cafeteria workers etc all show respect for students.

Posted November 03, 2006
I am a 6th grader at the Forestdale school and it is wonderful there. Our new principal is very smart and kind. She is great. Our teachers are all nice and very intelligent. Now that the new principal came everyone has learned a lot so far. the academics has been harder but students will learn. -6th Grader

Forestdale School 1

Posted October 25, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from Forestdale. The experience I had there wasn't good. Everyday there was some arguement or fight going on. There was very little communication between my parents and the teachers/principal. You could only join one committee for the special occasions that the 8th graders get. Thank you. -former student

Posted October 07, 2005
I have 3 children in this school-they are in the duel language class-alot of people do not understand this program but once they do they relize it is great- we are a non spanish speaking family and my kids are really learning alot it gets harder for the parents more than the kids.. The staff here is exellent and the PTO does alot for the school. With every school comes good and bad but if you choose forestdale I know you will not be disappointed. The teacher here really care about the students and are always willing to work ith the parents/ guardians.

Forestdale School 3

Posted August 11, 2004

Forestdale School
74 Sylvan St, Malden, MA  02148
Last modified Forestdale School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forestdale School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top