K-8 & Ungraded
Malden, MA

Posted September 13, 2013
Im in 5th grade (middle school) in the Salemwood school and I think its the most fun and most educational school out there in Malden!

Posted May 09, 2013
Salemwood is an amazing school, and is also Level One, the ONLY level one school in Malden. We got recognized by the governor out of ALL the schools in Massachusetts for a grant for a fitness center -- The best fitness center there is. It deserves recognition for having very intelligent students that work hard to get to the top and give their school a good name.

Salemwood School 4

Posted August 25, 2012
My mother was in Kindergarten in this school last year, initially she was very shy and quiet. Within a few months at this school with teachers like Ms. McEvoy, she became engaging in all activities and excel at each levels within her class. My daughter made sure she brought the Star of the Day home almost twice weekly if not more. At this moment, my daughter is able to read at a first to second grade level and has become a very bright and intelligent child at a young age. Thank you Ms. McEvoy and staffs!

Posted June 08, 2011
my cousin is in that school and he is in SEI classes and now he is exiting the SEI classes because he know how to speak english better.

Posted September 15, 2006
our daughter is special needs and is in 1st grade. through their integrated team approach and exceptional staff and programs she has flourished there. we are exceptionally well pleased with the school. especially of note is their well enforced 'zero tolerance' towards students bullying other children. using a code of conduct that is easily understood by all of the students, each child is given optimum chance for success. i give them the highest marks in all areas!

Salemwood School 3

Posted December 27, 2004
I have four children in the Malden School system. Last year, I pulled him out of the Beebe and put him into the Salemwood after only 2 weeks of the same labeling and lack of response from the teachers. He was assigned to the Salemwood at my request. I was never prouder of my son when he made honoroll 3 out of 4 quarters. After going to several PTO nights and talking to his teachers, I was informed by all that they wish they had a classfull of students like my son and he was a very pleasant boy. Thank you Salemwood.

Salemwood School 3

Posted August 19, 2004
My child attended salemwood for 4 years, he started when the school first opened. As I watched him grow in the school, I noticed his issues were not being addressed. He was being picked on by classmates and was reporting it and nothing was being done. When I approached the school with this issue, they told me the child in question was not a bully and that it was my son who was the problem, after this meeting I started to recieve notes home that stated my son needed counseling. I took my son to the Cambridge Hospital were he was examined by the head of psychiatry, who told me the school was absolutely wrong, my sons only issues were that the school was not addressing his issues and my best bet would to be transfer him out. I am not the only parent who has had this problem.

Posted June 17, 2004
My niece attends the seventh grade and is active in the school and city middles school band. She's by nature shy, but thanks to the quality of all the facilty and in particularly Mark Kaplan and his staff, she's blossoming both musically and academically. I'm familiar with many different scool systems and can attest that the system is only as good as the dedication of the staff, new buildings are nice but the quality of education is what really motivates the desire to learn. This is the 'norm ' at Salemwood. From the principal to the supprot staff everyone is highly professional and a positive example for our children. Thank you for helping to make our jobs easier. We can go about our daily routine and know that our children are in very good and caring hands.

Salemwood School 2

Posted August 22, 2003
- a former student

Salemwood School
529 Salem St, Malden, MA  02148
Last modified Salemwood School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salemwood School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top