PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child loves going to school each day at Tower. She loves learning and is not bored or afraid of it. She has confidence that she can not only succeed, but her teachers will help her along the way. Tower is a wonderful place. Learning to love learning is something very special and will continue to help her for the rest of her life.

We have an exceptionally gifted child who is in the first grade and has been asked to leave the school because they said they could not serve his needs. He is a bright, happy, talented, creative child who is kind, thoughtful and passionate about learning. He loves his school and his teachers but the school does not want him to stay. They say he has a learning disability, despite the fact that he is functioning way beyond grade level in every area of assessment. His doctor says that he is exceptionally gifted and that he has no disability. These children are different in the way they learn. Tower does not value differences and are very quick to suggest your child has adhd and should be put on drugs. We are all very sad this school did not work out for our very bright, talented, happy little boy!

Develops character: Disagree

Because the teachers and staff do not demonstrate these qualities sufficiently. They have lied in their communications with us, the parents and grandparents, regarding events that have taken place.

Tower is one of my favorite places on earth. Teachers at Tower make it their job to know each student. Their likes and dislikes, their strengths and weaknesses and what makes them unique and special. It is important to deeply know our students so that every moment of instruction, encouragement or redirection can be effective and purposeful in their growth. Tower is a place where laughter and challenges go hand in hand. Learning requires perseverance, grit and self awareness but also a sense of humor and adventure. At Tower, everyone wants to be here. Students and faculty alike work above and beyond their duties. It is a place to engage, to invest, to conquer fears, to surpass expectations, and to foster life long friendships. Tower is a place to live full, to fall in love with learning and master excellence. I love teaching my Tower students and look forward to each new day with each of them!

I attended Tower school for 10yrs. If your child has any sort of a personality, do not send him or her to Tower. Tower values conformity. Any child that would like to think for herself or have her own opinion is weeded out. The school usually accomplishes this by telling the parents, "there is a problem with your child in the classroom." Then they will try to convince the parents that their child has learning disabilities, and would be "better suited in a school that will cater to her needs." It's a well known fact that not all kids learn the same exact way. Well, at Tower, if your child doesn't learn via "the typical learning method" (WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?!), then you will be told to consider attention deficit medications and a new school for your child. In my opinion, a school that charges 15K/yr for a kindergardener to make art out of trash items (termed "scrounge"... so vogue!) better be able to hire tutors for the students who do not learn via typical methods. I stuck it out at tower & was tortured by teachers/admins daily- probably their effort to wear me down and make me leave). I never had learning issues. I'm now a medical student, and will be a doctor in 1 year...

My children graduated from Tower and thrived in high school. They had the discipline to work hard, the confidence to advocate for themselves, and truly liked going to school. Tower's program is challenging, but it is warm and nurturing, unlike some of the other schools in the area. Kids put enough stress on themselves, why add to it by picking a school that is too rigid. Tower teachers are fantastic, and it is small enough that every child is known.

I have two children at Tower and so far their experiences have exceeded our expectations. My kids are eager to go to school each day, love their teachers, and report back with excitement about the work they're doing in class. I've found the communication between the school and families to be excellent -- they value what parents have to say, and how we can contribute to the life of the school. So far, so very happy!

THIS IS A CLOSED DOOR POLICY SCHOOL-any school that has a closed door policy I would be afraid to send my daugther and son to. We sent our kids there for three years and took them all out when we were told there was lots of problems with our son in K program...imagine problems in Kindergarden? When we asked if we could go in to the class and see what the problem could be the teacher told us that is not possible .We dont allow that. We found out that the teacher was bullying my son so we deceided to remove all of kids. We are very happy now in our new school.

We love Tower School! My daughter was shy when she started she didn't speak for a month, the school was patient and caring and worked to build her confidence and give her the support she needed. They have a wonderful program where older kids become buddies for the younger kids, help them with their work and forge long lasting relationships. My daughter is now thriving, speaking in assembly, doing plays, and excelling in her academics. She cant wait to go to school in the morning.The curriculum is excellent. The investment in small classes and great teachers for us insures that she is building a strong foundation and great learning habits. As a private school they do not have to tolerate terribly disruptive kids, which means the teachers can teach and not take the majority of their time trying to maintain control, this means my child gets a great education. I suspect that the person who says Tower doesn't tolerate boys had one of those disruptive kids. My daughters grade has as many boys as girls and they are all great kids, and they all love Tower.

This school is great my children love tower! They enjoy every second of it. the staff, students and generally even the school is great!

Last modified Tower School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8