PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 02, 2009
My youngest daughter (of 3) had the good fortune of attending this school for her pre-K year. I had sent my other daughters to another more typical preschool because I did not know about Devereux. I can compare the two experiences as vastly different. I cannot say enough good things about the Devereux School. Their commitment to the children is unsurpassed. Their focus on respect for each other and the environment is impressive on both the children and parents. The teacher:student ratio gives the young children the attention they need, resulting in a calm, nuturing environment that fosters security and civil behavior. (Something that you don't find in many preschools.) Their timely emphasis on music and foreign language should be continued in elementary schools everywhere. I wish I had sent my other daughters to this gem of a school!

Devereux School 2

Posted February 21, 2007
My son attended this school when he was 3. We noticed that he was becoming very introverted and not himself. On several occasions he would come home with his clothes ripped and one time he was covered in peanut butter! He said one of the kids spit on him all through lunch. When I contacted the school no one was aware of the situation. Who was watching the children? Good question. For many reasons we decided not to have him return the following semester. We spoke to the principal about our decision we were told he wouldn't be able to participate in the Christmas concert, (we were paid through Jan)He had been practicing for weeks and was devastated. What about the best interest of the child? Another good question. He is now in a very nurturing environment and we are told he is an example to other students. Would not recommended.

Posted October 05, 2006
Excellent school, right philosophy and picks up where public education drops off

Posted April 15, 2006
Both of my children have attended Devereux School since preschool. I am amazed at the amount of love and support they have received. Their academic program is excellent and their commitment to intergrating additional arts program is wonderful i.e. opera, theater, irish step dancing performers... We are exttremely happy with both the curriculum and the nuturing environment the school provides.

Posted February 27, 2006
This is a fabulous little school with a very eclectic curriculum and wonderfully involved and attentive teachers. The review above that said the teacher child ratio is lower then said is incorrect. The pre-K classes have a minimum of 3 people working with them. I simply love this little school and highly recommend it.

Devereux School 2

Posted December 13, 2005
The student to teacher ratio is less than reported. Only one student for the entire pre-k class (about 25) students. Parent involvement is high and teachers are good quaility, however, there is not enough supervision and time spent on each child.

Posted July 28, 2004
Excellent small school with lots of personal attention of seasoned teachers.

Devereux School