PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

My youngest daughter (of 3) had the good fortune of attending this school for her pre-K year. I had sent my other daughters to another more typical preschool because I did not know about Devereux. I can compare the two experiences as vastly different. I cannot say enough good things about the Devereux School. Their commitment to the children is unsurpassed. Their focus on respect for each other and the environment is impressive on both the children and parents. The teacher:student ratio gives the young children the attention they need, resulting in a calm, nuturing environment that fosters security and civil behavior. (Something that you don't find in many preschools.) Their timely emphasis on music and foreign language should be continued in elementary schools everywhere. I wish I had sent my other daughters to this gem of a school!

My son attended this school when he was 3. We noticed that he was becoming very introverted and not himself. On several occasions he would come home with his clothes ripped and one time he was covered in peanut butter! He said one of the kids spit on him all through lunch. When I contacted the school no one was aware of the situation. Who was watching the children? Good question. For many reasons we decided not to have him return the following semester. We spoke to the principal about our decision we were told he wouldn't be able to participate in the Christmas concert, (we were paid through Jan)He had been practicing for weeks and was devastated. What about the best interest of the child? Another good question. He is now in a very nurturing environment and we are told he is an example to other students. Would not recommended.

Excellent school, right philosophy and picks up where public education drops off

Last modified Devereux School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3