6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Such an incredible school that challenges you to become the best student, friend, and servant of God that you can.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

bullying is rare but any sort of disagreement is handled quickly and maturely

Supports LD students: Neutral

not many people come with learning differences but if they do, they are treated as they should

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

students are called to greatness and to shine as an individual

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school provides the environment needed to hep mold us into mature young women through specific goals such as integrity, faith, vision, etc

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very encouraging and incredibly smart in all aspects of what makes a teacher so incredible. They are always open to discussion and available at all times

Amount of homework: Agree

the quantity of homework prepares you for upcoming work in your life outside of school and in college

I went to the school for middle school. At first, I thought it would be a perfect fit. I loved the school on my day visit and was more than excited to start 6th grade. Soon after I started at the school however I realized that not everything was always as perfect as advertised. First of all, the math class that you would be put in for the next 7 years was all decided on by a placement test that I took the Spring of my 5th grade year. I think it is absolutely insane that a test that I took when I was 10 would affect me when I am 17. Second, I met some of the meanest girls you will ever come across at Montrose. I'd say at least 3 of the 5 days of the school week I'd come home in tears because of how mean the girls were. Third, I'd say nearly half of the teachers did not have advanced degrees. Moms are teachers. The enrollment at Montrose has been steadily reducing over the past few years and now, I can tell why. Leaving has been the best decision I have ever made.

Montrose is an outstanding private girls school that is focused on developing women of character! The headmistress, teachers and staff are thoughtful and intentional on educating the whole person. Montrose students are fortunate to have advisors that not only support their education and learning, but also to help encourage them in their everyday activities and the pursuit of excellence in all things. You can feel such a spirit of goodness when you enter the doors of this inspiring school!

A school of character that gratudates young women leaders. No other place I want my daughters. The academic rigor requires study skills that are transferable to life after Montrose. Add in very competitive sports and supportive facility and staff and you have a gem of a school. We are lucky to have our girls at Montrose.

Last modified Montrose School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12