Bad
Good

I attended Medford high for 3 years and graduated from there. Subsequently I went on to college at the University of Massachusetts on scholarship I received by doing well on the MCAS and AP exams in that school. Everything taken into consideration it was an above average school. I honestly felt like I learned most of my life skills in that high school and a lot less comparatively in College. The school has a strong focus on Honors and AP students which was great because I ended up getting 5 AP classes passed junior and senior year, and then basically skipped the first semester of college because of it.

Horrible school due to the headmaster. He only is interested in the honor or AP students. My son needed help passing 1 class to graduate and was told by headmaster that he could not get any help by his teacher who was willing to help. He wouldn't be allow him to graduate with his class because he was 1 credit short. Also threatened to have him forcibly removed if he showed up to graduation. The teachers are great but the headmaster holds them back.

My family had 3 generations go to MHS. Our roots are in Medford and we love the people....great city!!!

I'm a recent graduate of Medford High and I had a great experience there. MHS offers a ton of AP courses with very qualified and caring teachers, more than most schools, and anyone can take and pass APs if they are willing to work. My class had spectacular college acceptances; Cornell, Brown, Tufts, Hamilton, Wesleyan, Brandeis, BC, BU, Northeastern, and Carnegie Mellon to name a few and in previous years kids have gone to Harvard and MIT. I personally took and passed 6 AP exams while doing sports and clubs. Now that I'm in college its sort of funny seeing the kids that left to pay for four years of private schools on the exact same track as myself and my friends and are in the same colleges. For the people that complain about the headmaster, all I have to say is respect given is equal to respect received.

My son has great teachers this year. Last year not so good. If he wants to learn he can work around those teachers who are less than professional. The opportunities are there you just have to want them.

Hidden treasure. Honors track if your child/children are recommended. Young teachers.

this school is clearly abouve average; my girls have be students ofthis school as of 2004. my oldest duaghter is now in the buve college at northeastern studying to become a doctor of pharmacy. my other two daughters, one a senior, and the other a sophmore love it there. MHS offers more AP credit courses then in the surrounding schools. their extrcurriculars ma not always be undefeated teams or award winning shows, but what it comes down to is the availability and the plethora of exacurricular activities. you can be a member of the student council, drama club, and language club, ect. there are many sports you can join and if you dont want to join go to the games! along with this the drama club is exceptional. the talent in this school from the field to the stage is incredible.

I disagre wholeheartedly with the parent who posted a review on June 23, 2008. I have had four children attend Medford High School and I feel that they received a good education with dedicated teachers and a very dedicated Headmaster. If a student wants to learn they will because the opportunity is there. I have always felt that if I needed something done by them it would be done and corrected.

Medford High School has a lot to offer if the student is willing to work hard.

The teachers are, in general, very helpful and will never turn a student away if the student asks for help. The Headmaster is very strict, but his job is to enforce the rules of the school, and that is what he does. There are many after school programs for students to get involved with, and many resources available for the students (libraries, online sources etc.). Teacher do care about their students, but it is up to the students to care about their education if they want the teacher to care about them. The classes range from very easy to very challenging, and students can take advantage of these classes if they and their parents feel they can handle the workload. Every student can find a place in this school, and can always find their niche.

Last modified Medford High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.