Posted June 20, 2014
The school is a great school. The teachers are caring and great with the kids. The moms are unwelcoming and have their clique. Don't try joining the parent club it's run by the same women. My husband and I are seriously thinking of sending our daughter to a different school.

Posted March 04, 2014
My son attends St. Joseph, I had removed him from public and was accommodated by the principal to let him in half way through the year. It was a easy transition and my son loves being at this school. For the mom who took her kid out for not liking the other parents is a selfish act. It is not a social event it is your childs education get a grip and focus on the good of your child !!!!!

Posted March 30, 2013
My son is also 5 and we will definitely be sending him back this fall. The staff is caring and warm and we couldn't be happier. I don't understand the previous reviewers comment regarding mom cliques. I have made some wonderful friendships with other parents here. We have been invited to countless birthday parties and playdates. Most parents give the invites to the teacher to put in every child's folder. I also am not aware of any parents who run the classrooms. The teachers are in charge and they're great. I was new to Medford and made a blind choice to send my son here and am so glad I did.

St Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2013
I tried to like this school but I am removing my daughter next year. The mothers here are completely unwelcoming. It's a clique where they only allow 'certain' moms to join. It's ridiculous, it's like high school! My daughter tries to make friends but she never gets invited to parties or homes. She was very emotional one day and told me how much her feelings were hurt because she never gets invited and she is only 5!!! As loving and polite as she is and it breaks my heart. I've tried but they completely ignore me. I don't care how great the program or school is when there are parents like this running the classrooms. No wonder there is so much bullying in schools and it all starts from the parents.

St Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2011
The preschools teachers are stellar. They are all experienced and caring professionals. The after school program is convenient and enjoyed by the kids. They make improvements as they are able such as new play structure this year. I think the Principal is well meaning, but there some micromanaging that is makes tasks hard. Such as no school directory or new student mixers for forming friendships and playdates. The "PTO" is a mother's social club based on the idea that everyone is local and has a stay at home parent. We are glad we go here, but recognize there is room for improvement.

Posted November 14, 2009
Both of my kids go to St. Joe's and it is a great school. We have a new principal and he has made the school even better. I read the previous reviews and thought the mom worrying about the mom cliques was maybe insecure. My kids have gone there for 5 years and although i do see moms chatting in the playground, i think that's normal. I don't get into the mom cliques because that's truely not my concern. I associate with a few mom's that their kids are friends with mine and they are great! It's a great school with a great education. It's not a social club!

Posted May 22, 2009
My children have attended SJS and I could not have asked for a better experience. Academically the school is outstanding and the community of the school is one that is warm and welcoming. I would highly recommend St. Joseph School.

Posted February 22, 2009

Posted January 16, 2009
In response to the previous rating. We are also out-of-towners and have not experienced this kind of snubbing at all. We have noticed that many of the families have known each other for many years and thereby have long standing (30+years) relationships but we always felt welcome and have regular play-dates from within. The 'one star' rating based on a single aspect seems spiteful and unfairly drags down the rating; therfore I counter with a five.

St Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2008

St Joseph Elementary School
132 High Street, Medford, MA  02155
Last modified St Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top