Medford, MA

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter is going into 8th grade and has had a great experience with the school. Mr D'Alleva(principal) is very helpful and will work with parents and kids on any issue. I think the teachers are awesome and very helpful. The PTO could use some help from new parents entering the school!

Posted August 17, 2014
Moved my son from private school to the Andrews School. Cannot say enough about this school.....from the Principal to the lunch ladies and custodians. Staff is professional and supportive. Administrators and teachers understand how middle schoolers learn and know how to deal with their ever changing emotional needs! Thank you!

Posted August 17, 2014
VERY supportive administrators, and teachers willing to take the time to communicate with parents. Constant communication for both students and their families .

Posted August 17, 2014
Wonderful teachers who care about the students...Principal D'Alleva and Vice Principal Marrotta are strong leaders and it shows in the student body.

Posted June 16, 2014
My daughter is just finishing 6th grade at this school. Coming from the Roberts elementary where the principal doesn't care about anyone or anything , I can honestly say that the principal at the Andrews, Mr. D'Alleva, is WONDERFUL!!! He is so involved and organized. Keeps parents in the loop.... sends out emails, phone messages, twitter updates, school connect notifications etc.....and let's not forget Mrs. Marotta, the assistant principal....she has a way of dealing with the ever changing moods and behaviors of middle schoolers. Sweet person, but knows when and how to take charge. My only complaint, and not everyone agrees, is that a lot of teachers allow the students to retake tests after a poor grade. I think you snooze you lose. Life doesn't always give second chances, so I'm not sure that is the best way to handle things. I have heard that 6th grade is a transitional year and that this will not always be allowed. So if that's the case- which I will find out in the fall, no complaints- as far as education and staff are concerned anyway!

Posted March 24, 2014
My son is in grade 6 at the Andrews. He really likes the school. He enjoys his classes and looks forward to going to school every day. My interactions with all the teachers have been very positive and constructive. Great teachers, great principle and assistant principle and a great learning environment. We are very lucky in Medford.

Posted September 26, 2013
Good school, and very caring staff. The principal is very cooperative, and works closely with parents. Teachers are very good! I would like to see more social activities for both kids and parents to attend.

Posted September 23, 2013
My son is now a seventh grader at Andrews Middle School. He expects to get honors with all his grades this year. His transition from elementary school went so smoothly, it was hard to believe. He has learned to become more organized, he talks to us every night at dinner about something new and exciting that he has learned in one of his classes. He seems to be more prepared for higher learning since attending the Andrews Middle School. I believe this comes from the teacher and parents working together as a team to encourage this interest in learning new things, and teaching some of us parents lessons we had forgotten. My son has become more interested in the world around him, and that enthusiasm inspires not just his little brother, but our whole family. He is finally working to his full ability and doing research on his own time to learn more about his class information. He made honors twice in the sixth grade, and this was something new for him. For the first time, I got to see him full of pride in his work and it brought me to tears. I have been proud of my son his whole life, but to see him proud of himself just blew me away. The Andrews has made this happen for him.

Andrews Middle School

Posted September 07, 2009
This school's MCAS results had some improvement in 6th grade ELA and 7th grade ELA and Math. However, Science and Math and 8th grade results in general are heading in the wrong direction. It's the Principal's second year and he's working hard to address the issues. Problem is that he and his staff need to treat the children with more respect. The school's handbook looks like it was issued by a warden and not a Principal. Teachers need to be more accountable for their MCAS scores so let's see the 2009 scores when they are released. Long way to go here but some are trying hard to make that better. Parents need to be more involved with their school and their children.

Posted August 09, 2009
This school has a truly dynamic principal.

Andrews Middle School
3000 Mystic Valley Parkway, Medford, MA  02155
Last modified Andrews Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrews Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top