K-5 & Ungraded
Medford, MA

Posted January 27, 2014
The Columbus School is excellent. My daughter has been there for almost three years and I am excited for my son to start Kindergarten next year. The building is new (10 years old) and is a great facility. The teachers, staff, and leadership are all top-notch. It's a wonderful community!

Columbus Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2013
I am extremely pleased to send my children to the Columbus Elementary school. Both principals my child has had have been warm and caring. Both my children have had amazing teachers who always went above and beyond what they were had to do for my children. The events that are planned are always wonderful. The only thing I would change is the low parent involvement. I always see the same faces at events. I wish more parents would volunteer.

Posted September 23, 2013
The Columbus is a diverse place with kids from all income levels and various ethnicities. The families and teaching staff have one thing in common - they care deeply about the kids. This is most visible at the two school concerts, which are standing room only. The school also has a new Principal, starting her second year and a new full-time Assistant Principal. Both women have a great deal of energy, enthusiasm and love for their job and the children in the school.

Posted September 23, 2013
The Columbus school has been a great place for my child to learn. Principal, teachers and PTO (Mrs. Roberto, the nurse too!) do their best to give all children education and a very friendly environment. In addition, the free breakfast program (pilot) is an awesome way to start the day for all children,but especially from families with low economic resources.

Posted March 12, 2013
We were redistricted and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My children are flourishing at Columbus. They love all of their teachers. We are yet to have a bad experience there.

Posted October 26, 2009
It's a special place! Everyone is pleasant. This includes administrators, staff and students.

Posted October 22, 2009
I am the school nurse and I see first hand how great all of the Columbus staff, parents, and students are. Not only are they focused on the academics but basic values, social skills and school spirit. It's all about the whole student and family. Of course, health plays a huge part in all of this and the nurses are wonderful too.

Posted October 21, 2009
Columbus is more like a family & a community. The parents really pull together to make things happen for the kids at this school. The staff is phenomenal. And the Principal & Vice Principal make it a point to know each and every child. Great efforts are made by all at this school.

Posted October 21, 2009
The staff is the best in the city. We are like a castle in the sky.

Posted October 21, 2009
Great teachers and a great principal, what more could you want? Oh ya, more state and federal funding!

Columbus Elementary School
37 Hicks Ave, Medford, MA  02155
Last modified Columbus Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top