Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The administration is very friendly and approachable. In addition, they are accessible. If I leave a message for the principal, she absolutely calls you back! It's really great!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is organized in a take home folder and is not overwhelming.

We moved to Medford a year ago and I was nervous about my daughter starting at Columbus. She was coming from a charter school with a 10 rating in Arizona to Columbus which was rated as a 4. We got a fantastic 3rd grade teacher and had a really great year. The PTO is wonderful and puts on so many great family events. The Principal and Vice Principal are at all of the events and know every kid by name. It's amazing! It feels like such a community. This year I have a 4th grader and a kindergartner. We are extremely impressed with the 4th grade teacher who goes above and beyond. My kindergartner loves school and loves her teacher so we are off to another great year!

The Columbus School is excellent. My daughter has been there for almost three years and I am excited for my son to start Kindergarten next year. The building is new (10 years old) and is a great facility. The teachers, staff, and leadership are all top-notch. It's a wonderful community!

I am extremely pleased to send my children to the Columbus Elementary school. Both principals my child has had have been warm and caring. Both my children have had amazing teachers who always went above and beyond what they were had to do for my children. The events that are planned are always wonderful. The only thing I would change is the low parent involvement. I always see the same faces at events. I wish more parents would volunteer.

The Columbus is a diverse place with kids from all income levels and various ethnicities. The families and teaching staff have one thing in common - they care deeply about the kids. This is most visible at the two school concerts, which are standing room only. The school also has a new Principal, starting her second year and a new full-time Assistant Principal. Both women have a great deal of energy, enthusiasm and love for their job and the children in the school.

The Columbus school has been a great place for my child to learn. Principal, teachers and PTO (Mrs. Roberto, the nurse too!) do their best to give all children education and a very friendly environment. In addition, the free breakfast program (pilot) is an awesome way to start the day for all children,but especially from families with low economic resources.

We were redistricted and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My children are flourishing at Columbus. They love all of their teachers. We are yet to have a bad experience there.

It's a special place! Everyone is pleasant. This includes administrators, staff and students.

I am the school nurse and I see first hand how great all of the Columbus staff, parents, and students are. Not only are they focused on the academics but basic values, social skills and school spirit. It's all about the whole student and family. Of course, health plays a huge part in all of this and the nurses are wonderful too.

Last modified Columbus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.