Bad
Good

Posted August 10, 2014
this schools is the best school ever teachers are nice student are respectful love this schools

John J. Mcglynn Middle School 2

Posted December 18, 2012
I was in the first pk-8 class to graduate (class of 2011). I never really enjoyed the McGlynn, but I started to dislike it in sixth grade. I would come home and start my homework at 3 or 4, and still be doing homework at 10 in the SEVENTH GRADE. Some of the teachers teach their classes at a high school level, which a middle schooler isn't ready for. I wanted to leave but my mom wouldn't allow it, but I'm SO GLAD I'm at MHS now.

Posted July 14, 2012
McGlynn is actually an elementary and middle together, and I was here from K-8, and I must say, I enjoyed it. The dances could have been held better and the staff could have controlled the student body a bit better, but most of the teachers are excellent and the course is strong, making sure students get the help they need. I won't lie and say there's never a problem to be found, but many of the students here excel and the principle is fantastic, striving to improve the school.

Posted July 05, 2011
I have 2 children who attended this school and both of my children had wonderful teachers. My daughter just completed sixth grade and I can't believe how incredibly supportive , kind and helpful her teachers were. Mrs. Tremble stayed after nearly every day to help my daughter and she ended up with straight A's. She changed from a shy, girl who was unsure of herself to a very confident child. my son excelled here and is moving on to high school. A person can always find something to complain about in a school, but if I ever had any issue, I would speak to the teacher or guidance and it was immediately resolved. This is a great school and I highley recommend it.

John J. Mcglynn Middle School

Posted September 16, 2009
The McGlynn school has a handful of great teachers one of them being the late Ms. Davis. Otherwise this school is a disappointment. This school is poorly organized from it's annual student agenda book (doesn't anyone proof read any more?!?) to it's parent-teacher nights which are rare poorly organized. The staff can be shamefully offensive in the way they handle things as many of the school staff speak very condescendingly towards parents. They are also very sarcastic in their communications which is not only inapporpriate but completely unprofessional. They send out necessary information at the last possible moment(example: 6th grade orientation announcement being 4 days prior to actual orientation itself). And the teachers do this to the kids too with homework etc. Talk about setting them up for failure. This school REALLY needs to get back to basics.

Posted April 30, 2009
Great school. Beautiful, works well, wonderful teachers, qualified principal, and nice programs. Lack of communication, but it can be worked around.

Posted February 28, 2007
It is my son's first year in middle school and so far it's been a great experience.Contrary to what another parent said, I haven't had a problem with communicating with the teachers.I have called the school several times to speak with the teachers. I have always gotten a call back that day and spoke with the assistant principal immediately. Support is very helpful and the teachers are always available for extra help almost every day of the week if support is not enough.

Posted December 14, 2006
This is my son's first year in middle school, so far so good. Most of the teachers are very responsive. Though I think the dances could be organized a little better. It would be nice if the support sessions were more available, or least have access to tutors or tutorial numbers.

John J. Mcglynn Middle School 3

Posted November 16, 2006
I understand wanting to limit parental involvement so that it does not interfere with daily instruction - we can be a lot to handle. That said, this school seems to go out of its way to shoo parents and discourage contact. Parent nights are rare and disorganized - parents wait in the hall on a 1st come, 1st serve basis for a minute with teachers (I waited over 2 hours to speak briefly with only 3 of my son's teachers). Teachers don't return calls and the office does not answer the phone.

John J. Mcglynn Middle School
3004 Mystic Valley Parkway, Medford, MA  02155
Last modified John J. Mcglynn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.