Bad
Good

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
Remedial curriculum. My nieces in Winchester and Reading public schools are covering far more advanced materials in the same grade.

Roosevelt Elementary School 5

Posted October 19, 2011
This is an excellent school and I just wish, my child could stay there longer. My daughter just finished Kindergarten there, but due to moving out of state she could not stay. Mrs Mullen and Mrs White did an absolutely superb job with my daughter's class. She can not stop talking about them and imitating them. Principal was as involved and as supportive as it gets. At any meetings, you could see how devoted all of them are and results with kids were more than obvious. Keep up the good work. Dragoslav Kosic

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2009
Generally speaking, we are pleased with the school. However, teachers must be more proactive identifying areas of learning difficulties in order to create a plan with the parents and school department. It is my opinion that some teachers might be intimidated by the idea of becoming a stronger advocate for the student. As parents, we know we are their greatest advocate. However, we are on the outside and need the level of advocacy on the inside to improve. The new principal has done a nice job becoming more involved with the students, but the honeymoon is over...

Roosevelt Elementary School

Posted June 18, 2009
As the year 200 comes to an end i could not have been more pleased. My fifth grader will leave Roosevelt ready for middle school as she was allowed some independance this year at the same time was challenged academically by a young enthusiastic teacher. The new principal has also forged on with new thinking and new ideas. Very happy with this school.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2008
My daughter has been in this school since First Grade (and is now starting Fourth). She has loved it. I have liked all of her teachers a great deal. My only complaint was with the prior administration but we have someone new this year who looks to be an excellent addition. I am hopeful our new principal will only add to the positives. My only request for this school would be to have all of the classes post homework online (I understand only a few commit to this practice). There should be a school-wide practice to encouraging the parents to view and take a more proactive roll with the homework.

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2008
I feel that the morale at the school is so-so from the top on down. The education my children have gotten is okay, nothing to rave about. There is going to be a change in leadership in the 2008-2009 school year. Let's hope the enthusiasm and motivation of the staff improves.

Roosevelt Elementary School 5

Posted September 06, 2004
The Roosevelt school staff is the best in the city. They Principal is motivated and involved with all the children. I appreciate the professional staff and know that decisions being made are with the child's best interest at heart. The PTO is inviting and welcoming to all parents.

Roosevelt Elementary School
253 Vinton Street, Melrose, MA  02176
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.