Posted March 23, 2014
Melrose Montessori is a true Montessori experience. The teachers and Director are all Montessori trained and passionate about the education and development of young children. The classroom is a sight to see, 20 children working together orderly, quietly and focused. The materials are beautiful and well kept and organized which the children learn to respect and keep organized themselves. The children are also taught to respect each others work and work space. I love the Montessori approach and Melrose Montessori executes it exceptionally.

Melrose Montessori School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
As a parent it breaks my heart to see my child in tears. I am very disappointed that the teachers and director doesn't take a more sympathic approach to making young children feel comfortable and at ease. We only choose this school over Harborlight because of the location.

Posted September 04, 2012
This is an excellent school! My older son went here and within few months itself I saw such a huge improvement in his behavior. He seemed so much happier and looked forward to going to school. He became more confident, friendlier and independent.The Director and the teachers are so sincere in their work. They genuinely care about teaching the children. HIghly Highly recommend this school.

Posted June 05, 2012
The two years our daughter spent at Melrose Montessori School were so special ! I wish it went beyond 1st grade so she could continue to go there. Our now 8 year old daughter likes when we drive by "her old school" and still stops in to visit, she misses it. She emerged from the Melrose Montessori school with a love of learning, curiosity, and probably most important - deep empathy for her fellow classmates. Melrose Montessori is a rare gem of a school, and I enthusiastically recommend it to any parent who wants to instill joy and creativity in their child, while simultaneously grounded in the basics of reading, writing, and academic discipline. We looked at many area schools including other Montessori's and the Waldorf school, but the "vibe" both my wife and I got when we separately visited Montessori ended up being accurate. Our only wish was we didn't send our daughter here sooner.

Posted February 25, 2012
In my opinion, this is the best Montessori School in New England because the head of school and teachers are true to the Montessori Method. I sent my daughter to this school almost 13 years ago and we still go back to visit. I cannot say enough about the Directress, who amazingly and astonishingly can point our your child's strengths during the first visit. Later, during classes, she knew exactly which lessons and activities to use to strengthen my daughter's challenges. Add in the fact that anyone who can get three year old boys and girls to perform a very professional musical every June never ceases to amaze parents! This school experience was the impetus behind my daughter's blossoming into a confident young girl, a critical thinker, and a curious learner and positive citizen of our global society. Any other school might have been a good school for her, but this Directress helped my daughter to feel safe to grow and try things while teaching me to find the positive in traits I considered negative. I will always be grateful for this experience!

Posted January 31, 2010
My 2 children attend this school and we love it! My children come home excited about what they have learned and accomplished during the day. They have become enthousiastic learners and can apply what they are taught to the real world. The teachers are responsive to you concerns and issues. The only downfall is that there is no playground but the kids do make every use possible of the classroom and the nearby parks to get physically active. The kids put on the most amazing performance in June.

Posted January 15, 2008
I have been a parent of my child attending this school for several years. I have always felt confident that my child is in very capable hands. The directress of this school is a remarkable woman with 30+ years experience in teaching Montessori. She instantly reads your child and pairs them in the best senario for learning. My child has been exposed to so many worthwhile, educational facts and practical life activites. The classrooms are rich with engaging materials. The children are responsible for themselves and learn to clean-up after themselves, serve themselves with snacks, drinks. Though there is no on-site playground, the children go on nature walks, visit parks, and do various forms of movement in class, from yoga to stretching, dancing. The end of year performace is something that you can really be proud of your child. They work very hard and do a wonderful job. Very satisfied.

Posted May 02, 2006
This is a great school! We visited several Montessori schools. This was the only one that delivered as 'advertised' on the philosophy and running of a Montessori school. The director has a clear vision and a wealth of experience to make this school the success that it is. The classrooms are rich learning environments and the children are always engaged. Learning is inquiry based and the children frequently go beyond the lessons on their own initiative. Rules are established and observed by social / group contract. They do not have a playground but make use of local parks for outdoor activities. At the end of the year there is a very impressive staged play or musical in which all the children participate. It seems quite professional.

Melrose Montessori School
70 West Emerson Street, Melrose, MA  02176
Last modified Melrose Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Melrose Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top