Methuen, MA

Posted June 06, 2015
"Welcome Home" should be the motto for St Monica School. From the smiling face of Mrs. Tully and every teacher throughout the school, you feel welcomed there. Every teacher knows who every student is and their devotion to the students can be seen everyday. The teachers "know" these kids. I have 2 children. My son attended St Monica in Kindergarten and 1st grade. In 1st grade, my son was diagnosed with a multitude of learning disabilities. I had no clue that there was anything going on with him. Mrs. Sylvia, the 1st grade teacher, came to me and voiced her concern about some things my son was struggling with. I strongly feel if my son was in a larger school setting, he might have gotten passed over as just a shy kid, because that's what I had thought, that he was just a shy kid. Throughout my process of getting my son what he needs educationally, Mrs. Sylvia and Sr. Suzanne were there for my family with support and guidance the entire time. My daughter is currently in 1st grade with Mrs. Sylvia, and she is thriving and happy! Sr. Suzanne, the schools principal has brought many great things to our school, from the smallest things such as offering guidance and assistance to the children, teachers, families, and other families who are not even part of our school to bigger things such as advanced technology in the classroom and an enhanced security system. Our children our learning not just typical schoolwork, but they are learning to be knowledgeable and responsible citizens in our community. I would highly recommend St Monica School!

St Monica School 3

Posted May 04, 2015
I have attended this school. I left in 6th grade because of the academics. The lower grade teachers are good. But the middle school teachers were okay. They are mostly nice. There were not a lot of sports or extra clubs.

Posted April 28, 2015
My son started SMS in kindergarten and is now in the 2nd grade. Both my husband and I went to their yearly Book Fair/Science Fair/Open House (typically in May) to take a look at the school before we decided on sending him there for we were new to the area. Every teacher we spoke to, every parent we met with, and every student we engaged with had such an enthusiasm and love for this school that we left there with an application in hand. Our son also being new to the area was shy at first and the first month was bumpy because of his nerves, but Sister Susan the principal, Mrs. Kraus the school nurse, and his teachers were so loving, had great suggestions to help, that within a few weeks he was doing just fine. The friends he made that first year have been with him ever since, and they are all such great kids who push each other to be better people. Our son loves to learn and his teachers have feed that hunger in him. They have also helped us teach him to be a good person, who helps others, and who doesn't ask what is in it for him. They champion that at SMS. SMS was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our son.

Posted March 06, 2015
My daughter attends St.Monica school. We enrolled her in kindergarten and she is now in the 5th grade. I cannot believe how quickly the years are going by. She is receiving and excellent education. The Principal, teachers and all staff members truly care for and are dedicated to each and every child. The sense of family and community is strongly felt throughout the school. The strong moral values that they help to instill in our children is one of the qualities I love the most about our school. Enrolling our daughter at St. Monica school is truly one of the best decisions we as parents have made for her.

Posted February 26, 2015
I went to Saint Monica's for 8 years and my son started there in kindergarten and is now in the second grade I would not want him anywhere else!!! It blends family and education perfectly!!! It is such a wonderful feeling being at work and knowing he is being educated and loved all at the same time. The staff truly love their jobs and it is amazing that no matter what grade your child is in, ALL the staff know them and care for them. My son's reading is outstanding and his math skills are amazing. They are using IPads in the classrooms as well as for their homework. But, the best part is the social skills they are learning - it is about caring for one another and being good, honest people:)

Posted January 29, 2010
I moved 45 miles for my son to attend St. Monica's School. The environment for the children is great. The teachers truly care for the well-being, happiness, education and growth of the children. There is much effort going into the future growth of the school and of the children. The Pastor as well as the principal, teachers, board members and PTO are very active in the high expectations of the coming years and the greater education of the children. My child did not like school AT ALL before, now he says every day it was a great day (seriously!) Except for one when he got in trouble for too much tardiness, but that is a strong point of the school. It is more disciplined, as well as instilling the 'sense' and importance of self-discipline in the students. They have plenty of activites and chances to meet other families, the academics and school material are carefully chosen, and the older kids look out for the younger ones. It is worth investing in the tuition. I also have not seen any bullying at all here. I highly, highly recommend SMS for the best interests of any child, for families, and future society because out of SMS we will see great leaders in the future!

Posted January 29, 2010
I am a current 7th grader at that school and i love it! I have been there ever since 1st grade and i loved ever momoent of it. the teachers, principal, staff pastor and students are all so nice! I i am very lucky to be in this school. They have lots of clubs such as chess, latin, newspaper, yearbook, ski club, golf club, basketball team, and they are planning on going to C.A.M.P.S in N.H its a lot of fun. I am proud to say that i go to SMS and that i have a dream of succeeding in a great future!

Posted May 19, 2009
I attended St. Monica's and I'm very happy that the school still exists. They provide a wonderful option for those not wanting a public education. Really helped prepare me for private high school and college

St Monica School 4

Posted January 03, 2004
Good school. Getting better and better.

St Monica School