PK-8 & Ungraded
Methuen, MA

Tenney Grammar School 4

Posted July 22, 2014
Not a bad school but not a great school either. My son attended kindergarten at Tenney and several of his friends attend the same school. I did not feel personal interest of any of the students was apparent from the teacher and the time spent speaking with us at the parent teacher conference was rushed and impersonal. I felt as if my child was only a number. Looking at the ratings of the school and my own review of the school we decided to move to another town that would give my child a better education. Hope Methuen continues to improve and allows individual focus to each student as individuals. They are little people, not numbers.

Posted September 25, 2013
Great school...Renovations are excellent! Student/teacher ration is solid. I couldn't be happier! We have been thrilled with the money that is going into the public school system!!

Tenney Grammar School 2

Posted January 15, 2011
My son who has NEVER been in trouble got suspended for a day because he protected himself from a bully. Give me a friggen break . I agree with the zero tolerence policy on bullying but my kid is by no means some ignorant childs punching bag. I suggest you punish the bullies .

Tenney Grammar School 4

Posted December 01, 2010
Sent $18.00 for school pictures and the money dissappeared. Spoke to the teacher she dont know where it is. All they want to do is blame my child. I'm pretty sure everyone makes mistakes and just like my daughter could have misplaced it so could the teacher. I spoke to another woman and she said that the teacher did not misplace it. How would you know? were you there? They have alot of students I'm sure it could have been misplaced. My daughter only has one teacher, she would remember who she gave it to. Thanks for the help! NOT.

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted January 26, 2008

Tenney Grammar School 0

Posted July 21, 2007
I have 2 children that have graduated from the Tenney and 1 still there. There is not a better principal or teaching staff in the city. I have yet to come across a teacher that does not put the students needs first, and the principal, how can you not love a principal that is NOT a yes man. He covers classrooms when a teacher needs to be away for a time, and the kids not only respect and like him, but have the proper amount of fear. You couldn't ask for a safer or more loving enviroment than the Tenney Grammar School.

Posted July 02, 2007
The Special Education Department really needs alot of work in order to move the children ahead. Parents beware - stay on top of what's happening!

Posted June 28, 2007
The Tenney Grammar School is the best school you can send your child to. The teachers are very well educated and make the learning experience fun. I have a son graduating 8th grade and he doesn't want to go onto high school because he likes the Tenney so much. Our principle keeps things in line, yet lets the kids have some freedom. The Tenney was a former high school so it can hold a large number of children. Their afterschool activities are endless and every student likes to get involved. It is a safe, fun, and happy environment for kids to learn. Trust me on this one.

Tenney Grammar School
75 Pleasant St, Methuen, MA  01844
Last modified Tenney Grammar School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tenney Grammar School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top