Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Teachers talk to each other, so if one teacher has you doing a big project or essay, in other classes you can almost guarantee the other teachers will give your class easy, light, or even no homework. Communication skills at this school were incredible.

I went to this school for 6th grade. My family moves around a lot and I had been bullied starting in Kindergarten. Every one of the teachers were amazing, and the students opened me with open arms. It was the first year and first school I had not ever been bullied at. I would like to give a special shout-out to Mrs. M*******, my Home Room and Language Arts teacher. Me, and my 5 other friends were her "librarians" we were kind of social out-casts and stayed in her classroom most days during lunch & recess re-organizing her library, we even made a set of rules for the next class to follow so they would have more productive class-novel time (read out-loud book). She taught me more than all of my other teachers combined and helped me through tough times including when I found out I was moving, and when my great aunt died. She also helped with many more things going on in my life, and I still feel safe to email her if I have a problem I need advice for and I do not feel comfortable going to my parents with. I moved after that year and I was not able to continue on to Masco which is where I would have started middle school and eventually have graduated high school. I am in 8th grade now and i am at my 7th school because of how much we move, and I have to say that this was the best of all 7 by far (I have done virtual, public and private schooling systems). I would also like to say "thanks" to Ms. Carolyn Colby, the AMAZING music teacher who co-directed that years school production of Aladdin which was great and SO much fun!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I learned so much at this school. My state testing scores were even higher then before, and there is a scale that shows how much knowledge you have gained over the past year, and I did (not quite as well but still kinda) AMAZING the year before, but i had learned and retained so much information and testing strategies.

The Howe-Manning School was the poor sister of the Tri-Town School Union ( Boxford,Topsfield and Middleton). When I (Michelle Fitzpatrick began my Principalship the scores were very low, no consistent curriculum existed and everyone at Masconomet laughed at our incoming 7th grades. Things changed scores went up as staff embraced the new curriculum and children surprised themselves at how well they could do! The Principal got to be the Massachusetts Elementary Principal but it was the STAFF that made it possible. I left in 2010 and in 2012 Betsy Boulanger led the staff to get the best scores and the only school in the Tri-Town to be a Level One School. Most staff are still there and deserve high praise for turning a school system around!! I think this #1 staff deserves to win $5000. Michelle M. Fitzpatrick

Last modified Howe-Manning Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.