Milton, MA

Posted December 12, 2014
This school is horrible. I removed all of my children from this place. The principle is vicious, useless and all about the money. I have walked into the school and heard the principle screaming at people (not sure if it was at teachers,parents or workers). This woman has a split personality disorder. Do not go here! Unless you have money to pay for your children's future years of therapy!!!!!

Posted October 07, 2014
The teachers at the primary level have no idea what is developmentally appropriate for young children. There is what appears to be a tremendous amount of "busy work" to keep the children quiet. In all of my visits to the school, I have observed very little direct instruction taking place. The children are quietly working. On one visit, I observed a teacher on facebook on her phone and then texting. Also, an absurd amount of homework is assigned. Children as young as 6, 7, or 8 years old should not be working for 2 hours a night on homework. They need to run and play and socialize with other children in the afternoon. The children are expected to remain in their seats and quiet all day with very little opportunity for movement or socialization, they need this time in the afternoon. I have been a teacher in a public school for over 20 years and am deeply disappointed in the quality of education my two children have received at Saint Agatha School. I like a school rooted in my faith but will be withdrawing my children after this year if there isn't any improvement. The Principal has been very dismissive of my concerns and the teachers are simply afraid of her.

Posted August 29, 2014
I graduated in 1965 and want on to public school, I was so far ahead in every subject I could have received all A's without opening a book. Public school was a JOKE then and from what I see it still is today. When over 27% of public high schools 12th grade graduating classes in 2013 were unable to read or write basic English, forget math and science. Teachers just keep passing illiterate students to receive federal funding (our tax dollars) maybe it's time to stop throwing more and more money at a BROKEN public education system. We need more private schools like st. Agatha's before we become a 3rd world nation. Thankfully I was lucky enough to attend.

Posted August 02, 2014
Wonderful school! My child transferred from Milton public school last year, and we are beyond thrilled! top notch academics, family atmosphere, and so much more. My child is happy, and I am happy!

Posted August 28, 2013
I have one child currently enrolled and two children who have graduated. I have had challenging and positive experiences but all were worked through with professionalism. I am very happy with the work load and the education my children are getting they were well prepared for private high school.

Posted June 10, 2010
I remember sitting in class in 1958 and raising my hand to go to the boy's room - Sister did not let boy's go to the bathroom on non schedual times but girls could? I sat in my own urin all day being laughed at by my fellow students. This happend all year with many other boy students. Some of those sisters were SICK!

St Agatha School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I am one of many parents who took my child out of St. Agatha's school. The experience we had at this school was no less than damaging to my child. Teaching styles are rigid and haven't changed in the past 40 years. The principal is responsible for low morale. She continues to intimidate her staff, even in front of parents. She intimidates parents and students as well, even yelling at them. My child is doing very well in a new school; what a difference the academic setting makes! St. Agatha's is by no means a Christian environment and I would never recommed this school.

St Agatha School 2

Posted April 12, 2010
The school is okay. I have had my children go to this school. The staff and faculty doesn't know how to arrange fieldtrips. They have no effort to try and do a fundraiser or to raise some money in some. They just send a notice home telling you that you need to pay this amount for your child to participate in the trip. I have known parents in which in the end ... they have paid up to 600 dollars in graduation fees. The school should be conrtibuting some money.

St Agatha School 3

Posted November 30, 2009
school needs to upgrade. my 7th grader comes home with less than 1/2 hour of homework while getting honor roll. should not happen. students not pushed hard enough. there are some children in the school who get away with to much , this is why they lose many at 7th grade level.

St Agatha School 2