PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

I've been at the school for 4 years. The curriculum is fairly good and I learned quite a lot but the teachers and school structure were just horrible. When they fired the Spanish teacher, my class did not have Spanish class for 2 months and instead, when it was time for Spanish, we sat in the class doing absolutely nothing. I'm my religion we did nothing but watch movies and learned barely anything. Most of the teachers have ZERO respect for the students. Many teachers yell and scream uncontrollably at students. There are favorites in each class and the teachers make sure you know it. I often felt targeted for my race, since I'd get in trouble for things that other students of the dominate race at the school would do and be overlooked. The younger grade teachers Would SCREAM at the little kids and many of my teachers where VERY disorganized, never checked work, gave answers to tests, used PROFANE LANGUAGE IN CLASS and were very rude. I remember passing in the same homework each week and still getting A's on them, most of the teachers barely checked work. In one of my years here I witnessed a teacher constantly ridicule a student on her hair, weight and food choices, this teacher also involved students in unnecessary drama on different occasions. A teacher there who taught history, tought in a way that made America seem like a horrible country, I love my country and this saddend me. The school its self needs a good cleaning. One student in my grade would constantly not go to class, wonder and scream in the hallways and would fail to be reprimanded for his behavior but if other students were to act this way, they would certainly be disciplined. There are stains everywhere you look and the cleanest room is the principal's office. The teachers also made us clean the school as if a janitor was in our job description. If I'm cleaning, what is the janitor doing? A professional environment and classroom management seem to be non existent at this school. Over all, the school had good curriculum standards but it may not have been taught correctly or by good teachers. The school definitely needs to be rescued in terms of staff and faculty.

Complete lack of interest in my child or the process of learning. Has gone down hill dramatically over the past year

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

having a teacher ask 'do you love me' to its students is inappropriate...I have asked administration for this to stop

Amount of homework: Disagree

overall my child has not been given enough work to hold interest....mostly just 'busy' work

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying is rampant...teachers and administration have looed the other way...they seem more interested in cashing tuition checks versus teaching children

This school has gone from mediocre to bad. I sat in the school parking lot yesterday for about 30 minutes, waiting for my children to be dismissed. I could hear a teacher continually yelling at students the entire time I was there. My heart broke for those kids. Teachers are role models for our children and they are learning it's OK to yell at other human beings. Many teachers have left already or are trying to leave. Not a happy place right now.

My son's teachers are very attentive, polite, and knowledgeable in early childhood development. My four year old son can now write his name as well as several words. He also spells well, too. Prior to enrollment, he had not interest in writing and reading. I was desperate! I am very happy with his progress !

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

If you think using rude and disrespectful remarks towards students is an effective way to motivate students than this is the school for you. Seriously, Saint Agatha herself, would be rolling over in her grave if she heard the way that SOME of those teachers speak to their students.

The teachers and staff are supportive and care for each student's development. All students feel welcomed and cared for in the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I can only speak for the two teacher that my child had and no effort wash made to develop honest, integrity, and fairness in students. And this teacher did no promote Christian values!

Last modified St Agatha School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8