Milton, MA

Posted December 05, 2013
I am very excited to go to this school. I really am proud I get to go to this school. It is a good chance to become a higher level in the community.

Posted February 04, 2012
The workload is tough to manage and the expectations are very high. The sense of community and friends you make are unforgettable. The teachers are very knowledgeable and dedicated. The faculty provides numerous opportunities that are life-changing. Milton does a great job with building students' confidences and gives them the training to become more vocal and articulate in classroom and real-world settings. Great place to be a part of.

Posted January 07, 2012
This school has an incredible community, especially for boarders but also among the day students. Diverse and supportive, Milton offers a rigorous academic career for those who want it. However, considering Milton as an arts school is ridiculous, which is why I haven't gotten what I wanted out of it yet. As a freshman you will have few choices, but by the time you're a senior you may already know and pursue a major. A lot of freedom and responsibility to go with it.

Posted October 16, 2011
A really amazing school that transforms its students. Excellent, well-thought out curriculum, nice and smart students, and expert and caring faculty. This school is consistently regarded as one of the world's most outstanding upper schools, and -- based on our child's experience -- deserves it. Best of all, the school really does mean it when it says that its goal is to help your child realize his/her full potential, rather than grind its students into submission in a short-sighted attempt to increase the number of Ivy League college admissions. The Milton experience is all about learning how to think critically and creatively, building the self-confidence to make your mark in life, and experiencing the fun of learning. A truly great institution.

Milton Academy 4

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted November 09, 2008
this school was really great for my child who just finished there and is off to Yale. They offer amazing academic training along with great athletics and art program.

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted February 26, 2007
Terrific school for motivated kids who want to learn. Flexible curriculum to allow students to explore areas indepth. Alot of work, but the majority of students love their classes and seem to willingly put in the extra time. Faculty are truly interested in the students and care about them. Teaching is not directed at standardized tests. Place is very intense academically, but not competitive.

Posted June 09, 2006
I know this review is supposed to be written by a parent, but I felt as a student entering Milton this coming September, and having toured the school two or three times, I may give you a basic idea of Milton Academy. It includes a rigorous academic life, that is balanced with extracurricular activities. The teachers I noticed were very supportive, and after sitting in three different classes, I determined that the teachers love for the students to question everything they see and to discuss it openly. Conversations are led by the students rather than the teachers. The campus is wonderful, similiar to that of a college. I come from Southfield School, also a wonderful school which I attended for nine years. I think Milton is perfect for the creative, the thinkers, the scientists, the writers, the muscians, the sculptors, the photographers, the mathematician, and anyone else. See Milton.

Posted March 30, 2006
Both my daughters attended Milton as boarders, and I think it is the greatest school in the US. Milton staff don't know all the answers, but they're asking the right questions. Perfect blend of large day school and small boarding community. My daughters bonded with day girls and their families. Boston is perfect city for this age. Milton is not cloistered. When we first interviewed there, my husband asked an English teacher, 'why do you teach here?' and he replied, 'because the kids are so smart.' One of the college counselors later said to me, 'if you are smart and you are not lazy, Milton is a great place for you.' My daughters were not at the top of their classes at all, but they were certainly empowered and challenged by extraordinary minds. They are now very strong young women. There are many ways to succeed at Milton.

Milton Academy