PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 09, 2006
my daughter has attended this school since she was three years old. A lot of improvement was done over this past summer. the school is great it is a small community school and I believe the students do get the attention they need. I believe the students gets their money's worth in terms of education given the resources available to them. My daughter is in kindergarten now and hopefully will continue until middle school. I like the fact that she is not forced to join the catholic church and it's o.k. for her to attend a different church. She is treaded very nice and we the parents have not tieds to the school other than she attends the school. At k she is taught organizational skills as well as study skills. I believe that if this school is given the same resources as other private schools it will excell.

Posted October 13, 2006
This school is great. It is all renewed with some new teachers and a new principal. The teachers and principal are very understanding and listen to our concerns.

St. Anthony Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2006
I am very impressed with the Kindergarten and second grade, since my children are in those classes. My second grader is far more advance than his cousin who is in another catholic school in the city. My daughter loves going to school and can read in Kindergarten. I give a lot of credit to those 2 teachers Mrs. Lemieux and Mrs. Raposo

St. Anthony Elementary School

Posted June 02, 2006
I withdrew my child from this school because very poor leadership and lack of professional middleschool teachers, with a great lack of christianity from the principal.

St. Anthony Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2005
I pulled my kid out of this school...very poor leadership and a lot of special treatment for kids with parents in the PTA. Very unfair. I hope this new leadership brings forward better judgement and more accountability. Some unqualified teachers who should not be teaching.

Posted August 26, 2003
Excellent leadership from the principal. Challenging curriculum based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Framework. Caring teachers.

St. Anthony Elementary School
190 Ashley Blvd, New Bedford, MA  02746
Last modified St. Anthony Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8